http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Marcus-Henderson-Apparition-Guitar-Hero-Package?sku=581245

i need to know what everyone thinks of this deal. Last week this thing was $900, which was a little out of my price range. I'm not really sure why this thing dropped $400 off its list price in a week, but id really love to get it, and apparently its new

Looks like it comes with the case and everything...

Has anyone played this guitar or seen it (or the futura fx which is basically the same thing without a kill switch). I've been looking for a good guitar for metal/ hard rock. Right now i own an epi les paul ultra, so i have no problem with the fact that its an epi.

**side note, i never bought a guitar from musicians friend, if i don't like it do i get a full refund if return it? whats your guys opinion of the company and their customer service?

edit: I was originally saving up for an ibanez s5470 that i would not be able to afford until next year. do you think this thing is a lot worse than that?
Last edited by wisdom_cube at Oct 18, 2009,
got an epiphone les paul ultra right now. All stock parts from the factory.

Amp is Vox 50 watt 2x12 all tube amp (forgot the actual model number.. AC50 something?got it as a gift so i didnt see any of the paper work or the manual) but sometimes i play through my digitech rp500 modeling pedal, and just bypass the vox pre-amp when i plug the pedal into my effects loop.

I play literally all types of music, but as i'm getting better and faster im gravitating more towards metal. I'd still keep my les paul anyway.
The price seems noticably low o.0 I wouldn't buy a "Floyd Rose" guitar for under 500, I don't think it will be very good.
Quote by mpalin
The price seems noticably low o.0 I wouldn't buy a "Floyd Rose" guitar for under 500, I don't think it will be very good.
That's kind of a moot point as the guitar is only being offered at that price temporarily or as clearance.

Anyways, ebony fretboard, EMGs (if you like that kinda thing), and a floyd; for $500 with a case? Go for it.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
i think i will

even if i don't like it i can probably wheel it on ebay and still make a profit or at least break even on it.

AFAIK, this is the only website offering it at that price. Hell even the non package option (just the guitar only, no case and extras) is still going for $849 on the same site o_O so i dont even understand the logic behind this deal...
Last edited by wisdom_cube at Oct 19, 2009,
Quote by wisdom_cube
i think i will

even if i don't like it i can probably wheel it on ebay and still make a profit or at least break even on it.

AFAIK, this is the only website offering it at that price. Hell even the non package option (just the guitar only, no case and extras) is still going for $849 on the same site o_O so i dont even understand the logic behind this deal...

as long as you're sure it's the same guitar go for it! no time to question it haha looks like a pretty damn good deal to me.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
just ordered it. Decided to sleep on it just to see if the deal was actually legit and it wasn't a typo in the price.

Wish me luck guys, i sure hope this thing isnt a lemon

Also, how many headaches can i expect while getting used to using a flyod?
Quote by wisdom_cube
just ordered it. Decided to sleep on it just to see if the deal was actually legit and it wasn't a typo in the price.

Wish me luck guys, i sure hope this thing isnt a lemon

Also, how many headaches can i expect while getting used to using a flyod?

if you dont change tunings much, you shouldnt experience any head aches with the floyd.

you should expect the guitar to go out of tune here and there (not after ever dive bomb you do). if you change string guages you will have to adjust the spring tension in the back. other then that...you shouldnt experience anything IF you dont change tunings much.
I'm not a huge fan of the shape, nor have I heard of the dude who is endorsing this, but this seems like a steal at this price.

EMG's, a pretty good Floyd Rose and an ebony fretboard.

The strap looks pretty meh, but the case, the cable and everything else really sweetens the deal.

I say go for it, if you hate it, just return it. I wouldn't get it only because I don't really like EMG's and I prefer LP shapes.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
yea i won't be changing tuning much with this guy, and i'm gonna keep .09's on it to play in standard tuning, so hopefully it should be pretty playable out of the box (of course i'm gonna get it setup anyway if i decide to keep it).

I still got my les paul if ever want to do dropped tunings or anything.

oh the guy endorsing the guitar was the dude who did all the covers for Guitar Hero 1 & 2
Quote by wisdom_cube
yea i won't be changing tuning much with this guy, and i'm gonna keep .09's on it to play in standard tuning, so hopefully it should be pretty playable out of the box (of course i'm gonna get it setup anyway if i decide to keep it).

I still got my les paul if ever want to do dropped tunings or anything.

oh the guy endorsing the guitar was the dude who did all the covers for Guitar Hero 1 & 2

No, get 10s IMO they hold tunings longer, and they have much less fret buzz. Oh and most Epis come with 10s on them since they are 24.75 scale.
actually i just looked it up and the strings on this are .09-.46, so maybe i will just move up to .10s now that i noticed that! Thanks.