Page 1 of 3
…that time and space can be/will be bent by humans?

Will we ever create a machine to warp in time/space?
Meh not in my lifetime so I really don't care.
FIGHT CLUB QUOTE OF THE WEEK: On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Do you believe...in love after love?

Edit:I can feel something inside me say
I really dont think youre strong enough, no
Actually, I do believe we will eventually. Not sure why I have this thought, but I do.
GO RED WINGS!!!
They already made a small black hole and Nintendo, ain't no stopping humans from making a time machine Marty.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
no, if you think about it, its impossible.

1. If you went back in time and saw yourself, than before you went back in time to see yourself, you would have seen yourself (the future yourself that travelled back to see you) at some point. And if you didn't, then that means that you would never go back in time to see yourself. (read it a few times if you have to)

2. If you change anything in the past, then it would already have been done in the future, thus eliminating the need to travel back and change it. therefore, you never have travelled back to change it, which means it would be the same, which just keeps cycling creating a paradox.

i think 2 examples is enough.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Last edited by SPBY at Oct 18, 2009,
I think we could but we will destroy ourselves long before we could ever actually do it.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
We've screwed with everything else, so sure?
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
no.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Already done, TS.

私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by SPBY

1. If you went back in time and saw yourself, than before you went back in time to see yourself, you would have seen yourself (the future yourself that travelled back to see you) at some point. And if you didn't, then that means that you would never go back in time to see yourself. (read it a few times if you have to)

2. If you change anything in the past, then it would already have been done in the future, thus eliminating the need to travel back and change it. therefore, you never have travelled back to change it, which means it would be the same, which just keeps cycling creating a paradox.

Thank god for the 4th dimension! All that is possible.

My answer: Yes, but not for a very (very very very very...) long time. It doesn't break any laws of physics, we just don't have the technology capable yet. As for humans actually being able to move through time so freely, who knows.
Quote by Piscasis

This truly made me laugh. Mostly because you edited your post just to finish the rest.

EDIT:
Quote by crazy8rgood
I want to believe.

**** yeah X-FILES. Best show on this planet.
Last edited by Ignite at Oct 18, 2009,
Yes, we will create a machine that can do that and it will be called the T.A.R.D.I.S.
XIAOXI
Quote by Piscasis

Shouldn't it be "If I could turn back time"?
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
To answer your first question, look up the Observer Effect.
As for the second, possibly in the next few centuries.
Currently listening to:
Mock Orange
Tiger's Jaw
American Football
Piebald
Yes, I do believe time travel will be possible.
But first, someone needs to invent one of these.

#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
all is one
i like broccoli and long drives at the beach on my segway
Correct me if I'm wrong, but time doesn't actually exist, does it?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
Correct me if I'm wrong, but time doesn't actually exist, does it?

Time is an illusion.

Lunchtime, doubly so.

Last edited by crazy8rgood at Oct 19, 2009,
Maybe to slow down time for anything inside a vessel going at almost the speed of light, but I don't even think that is humanly possible.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
At some point, time. Since time is the illusion made by waves. But traveling in time and space at same time releases a really complex paradox, so no.
We can turn men into women and vice versa, of course we're going to be able to eventually.

Nuff said.
If time travel is possible, where are all the time travelers?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by SPBY

yeah, thats going back in time but what about forwards? I think that could be possible
Quote by Scribbllez
We can turn men into women and vice versa, of course we're going to be able to eventually.

Nuff said.

I don't see the relevance.

Although I guess if we're only talking about going forward in time, you might be able to slow down someone's metabolism and perception of time, so that they effectively hibernate, I guess that's slightly similar.
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 19, 2009,
No, because the way I see it, time doesn't exist. It's simply a theory humans have come up with to measure things. Time isn't an actual.... thing. I don't really know how to explain my reasoning but we made time up. A clock is just a circular object with two hands that move around at a constant rate. There's no innate meaning attached to those moving hands; we simply associate a meaning with them based on a commonly accepted standard.

It's similar to language; words hold no power or meaning in themselves, we simply attach meaning to them based on a common standard.

So no, time travel is completely impossible and will NEVER be achieved.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Oct 19, 2009,
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

This.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
no...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
GPS satellites get off by 16 minutes per day(if i remember the number correctly) we can slow time with speed and it's been suggested taht if we used a strong enough force of gravity(since this also alters time) and put a wormhole right next to it and kept it open we could then travel through that wormhole's other side at any time and arrive in the past at or near the time the wormhole was originally created. problem would be what happens to us when we get near that gravity>.<...The reason we don't see time travelers is because we have to first create this wormhole and stabilize it before anyone can travel to that time...Might it be possible maybe...maybe not.

And whalepudding time exists in a fashion since we can slow it for ourselves.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by GodofCheesecake
No, because the way I see it, time doesn't exist. It's simply a theory humans have come up with to measure things. Time isn't an actual.... thing. I don't really know how to explain my reasoning but we made time up. A clock is just a circular object with two hands that move around at a constant rate. There's no innate meaning attached to those moving hands; we simply associate a meaning with them based on a commonly accepted standard.

It's similar to language; words hold no power or meaning in themselves, we simply attach meaning to them based on a common standard.

So no, time travel is completely impossible and will NEVER be achieved.

Yeah, more or less what I think. Things change, sometimes at a constant rate. Time isn't a dimension through we are moving gradually, it's the natural reaction of one thing with another. The way things were in the past may have left a lasting effect, but that state doesn't exist anymore and therefore can't be accessed.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

That just blew my mind. It blew my mind, but it's true. I feel enlightened
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
its hard to believe we would ever create something that could do that, but then again if you think back to 100 years ago they would never think the things we have today would be remotely possible, so who knows
Quote by SmoothTrooper
i wake up every morning with a stiffy that could dent an Oldsmobile...and i know that everything is a-ok.

Quote by whatamidoinhere
Maybe we should have some kind of naked UG get together...

Imagine how horrifying that would be
Quote by PhillyHendrix

That just blew my mind. It blew my mind, but it's true. I feel enlightened

Saaaaaaamme. How did we not think of this before?
XIAOXI
Quote by Abunai X
Saaaaaaamme. How did we not think of this before?

I think Stephen Hawking said something like this once. I can't remember though.
Quote by SPBY

well that would be a paradox, but what if the different planes theory is true.. what if there were parallel dimensions like ours that we might be able to warp and get into. then we can change our future or past in that dimension without effecting our dimensions present. =0 because according to that theory, the small movement of the parallel dimensions will eventually cause a collision between the dimension thus the big bang creating a new dimension in between the already existing ones. i saw this in astronomy class haha
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Page 1 of 3