Basically the tone I am looking for would sound as if the very speaker cones were about the tear apart from the sheer massiveness of the sound. Probably something like electric wizard or fu manchu. Right now Im considering these 3:

http://proguitarshop.com/store/fuzz-pedals-c-7/death-by-audio-fuzz-war-p-758

http://proguitarshop.com/store/fuzz-pedals-c-7/blackout-effectors-musket-fuzz-pedal-p-111

http://proguitarshop.com/store/fuzz-pedals-c-7/electro-harmonix-usa-big-muff-pi-fuzz-distortion-p-318

are there any other options I have to get that Crushing DEEP fuzz sound I want??
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
Check out my fuzz that I make PM me for more details.

also check out a Big muff, that might just work for you.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
all three of them sound great to be honest. I want to get me one of those musket fuzzes.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
The big muff is the 3rd link there....
Open Wide, The Sky

Death By Audio Fuzz War is your answer perhaps?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Don't buy the fuzz war because the bloke that builds them is a prick and chances are it will be be faulty. The big muff can definately get the sound you are after but the lack of mids means you lose it in the mix. the musket has sort of rectified this by adding a mids knob. my vote is for the musket fuzz.
The Musket Fuzz is essentially a vintage Big Muff circuit with more control over the sound, so DEFINITELY get that before the USA Muff.
I suggest that you hunt down a Boss FZ-2 as it is one of the most crushing, dense fuzzes evar.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
How about Will Sledge's The Judge fuzz?
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Quote by cxrlxscr
How about Will Sledge's The Judge fuzz?

Far from thick and crushing. Thin and nasally fuzz. Yuck.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
+1 for the FZ-2, it's the actual fuzz that Electric Wizard uses. Of the three that you posted, I'd go with the Musket Fuzz, but you may also want to look into some early-90's green box Sovtek Muffs.
I have the US Big Muff and it'll do what you want, but I'm ridiculously partial to Devi Ever and Dwarfcraft Pedals. A Devi Ever Aenima, Soda Meiser or Hyperion would work, and a Dwarfcraft Shiva would also work really well.
Way Huge Swollen Pickle mkII.

Its spendy, but I'm just about ready to rob my local GC for one. Even through a somewhat bad amp like an MG, this thing sounds ****ing huge. As the name implies. And it has a crapload of tones available, theres 5 knobs and they all have huge sweeps.
I love the sound of my Pro Tone Pedals Monster Fuzz but the artwork means it is pricier than some others but well worth it IMO one of the deepest most saturated fuzzes i've ever heard
Quote by Vinnie5
Basically the tone I am looking for would sound as if the very speaker cones were about the tear apart from the sheer massiveness of the sound. Probably something like electric wizard or fu manchu. Right now Im considering these 3:

http://proguitarshop.com/store/fuzz-pedals-c-7/death-by-audio-fuzz-war-p-758

http://proguitarshop.com/store/fuzz-pedals-c-7/blackout-effectors-musket-fuzz-pedal-p-111

http://proguitarshop.com/store/fuzz-pedals-c-7/electro-harmonix-usa-big-muff-pi-fuzz-distortion-p-318

are there any other options I have to get that Crushing DEEP fuzz sound I want??

creepy fingers. the bass player from fu manchu makes them. Creepy fingers
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Anyone want to compare the Big Muff Tone Wicker to my other options? Seems that is at the top of my list atm along with the Musket
Open Wide, The Sky

Quote by customisbetter
The Judge is a Fuzz factory clone, not a big muff clone. If you want huge fuzz, don't get a fizz factory.

Fixed

Not that I don't like it in certain applications (Muse, anyone?), just as a whole it just sounds like fizz to me.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by joe_k
Don't buy the fuzz war because the bloke that builds them is a prick and chances are it will be be faulty.

Don't listen to this.
Quote by Mutmoo
Don't listen to this.

It's true, DBA pedals are poorly designed and built. It has been confirmed on DIY sites multiple times.
I have another rec, the Subdecay F-Bomb. It's thick as hell and just oozes of fatness. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osnl-j0Ygzc

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
It's true, DBA pedals are poorly designed and built. It has been confirmed on DIY sites multiple times.
I have another rec, the Subdecay F-Bomb. It's thick as hell and just oozes of fatness. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osnl-j0Ygzc

Interesting. He does look quite unorganized, but the pedals sound good when they work!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
^yeh when they work, just not when you send it back to get fixed and he just ignores all your attempts to get in contact with him thus taking your money and keeping his pedal.
I second the Musket Fuzz. Here's others to check out. Sorry if they've already been recommended.
Devi Ever:
- Shoegazer (might not have enough low end)
- Aenima
- Soda Meiser
- Hyperion
Dwarfcraft Shiva
Subdecay F-Bomb
BYOC Triangle Muff
Stomp Under Foot Son of a Bee
Fuzzhugger AB Synth

There's a million great fuzzes.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
get a big muff pi USA. put the volume up to full on the pedal to act like a boost. dial the tone around the middle (but each to his own i suppose) and add only abit of sustain since it gets very fuzzy but abit fizzy sounding with too much sustain, the sustain is basically the fuzz amount, i keep it around 7 or 8 o clock.

Doin this and messing with the amp for abit will give you the boosted amp with the fuzz on top, you'll get a seriously bassy full fuzztone but it will sound 100times nicer if the amp is cranked too.
Another +1 to Dwarfcraft, Aen knows what he's doing and he's an amazing guy to talk to. I'll be picking up his Shiva relatively soon.

Oh yea, and as cool as the Fuzz War sounds, the soldering and components are shite. Have a look at this inside of one. It's like a monkey was handed a soldering gun and a fuzz box.
Last edited by Mr. Jiggy Fly at Oct 22, 2009,
bump for more ideas. its christmas time!
Open Wide, The Sky

3xfx Fatman/V2 - awesome double pedal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Maybe have a look at D*A*M Pedals - http://www.stompboxes.co.uk/gpage6.html1.html
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
The fuzz war sounds ****ing massive.
Devi Ever, its all friggin crazy. Godzilla is beastishly thick.

Quote by joe_k
^yeh when they work, just not when you send it back to get fixed and he just ignores all your attempts to get in contact with him thus taking your money and keeping his pedal.

Oliver Ackermann is a touring musician in APTBS and the other main guy (i forget his name) is in a band called Sisters. They have other things in their lives too, I'm afraid. Oliver is a ****ing cool guy, he replies to messages on facebook, of all things, in detail. He knows his shit. You're on the other side of the world, I expect it wasn't completely DBA's fault that it took so long.
Quote by Bostonrocks
Check out my fuzz that I make PM me for more details.

also check out a Big muff, that might just work for you.

A Fuzz Face clone wont do it.

Death By Audio fuzzes or the Musket Fuzz should though, or the SUF Son of a Bee.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Dec 19, 2009,
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I suggest that you hunt down a Boss FZ-2 as it is one of the most crushing, dense fuzzes evar.

Seconded
Thisrded
Fourthed
Fifthed
Sixthed
Seventh'd.

Seriously, do this.
The youtube demo floored me.