http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=519783&base_pid=520303

All right... there is the link to the guitars.

I'm planning on buying one of this two and will replace the pickups.

I want a 24 fret guitar for metal at the 200-300 dollar budget and after some research this 2 sounded good. Wanted to know if they are kind of the same or if one is better than the other. Also if you know of any other guitar that's better than this 2 at the price range and with the correct criteria feel free to tell me.

I can't try the guitars because of lack of stores here and remember not to judge by looks.

The guitars are: Jackson JS30KE Kelly--- Ibanez RG2EX1
(just in case the links don't work)

Thank You
I love Wizard 2 necks ,but once you go prestige, you can't go back...

Jacksons have always felt pretty good in my hands, but i would be more worried about the shape (harder to play/balance)

IMO

the Ibby is the way to go
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Definitely the Ibanez. It got better reviews from more people, and would originally cost more, and comes from a more reliable builder. The 20 bucks will be worth it. It also looks cooler, but that's not why I'm picking it for you.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
I'd go for (and did go for if you look at my sig) the Ibanez. I've had some time with a friend's '91 Kelly Professional and couldn't cope with the shape. Comfy necks on both though.

I suppose the big factor between the guitar is alder vs. basswood. I like basswood better personally. I find it doesn't really color the tone of the guitar's pickups or the natural sound of the amp. Some people hate that about it though.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Joyalito
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=519783&base_pid=520303

All right... there is the link to the guitars.

I'm planning on buying one of this two and will replace the pickups.

I want a 24 fret guitar for metal at the 200-300 dollar budget and after some research this 2 sounded good. Wanted to know if they are kind of the same or if one is better than the other. Also if you know of any other guitar that's better than this 2 at the price range and with the correct criteria feel free to tell me.

I can't try the guitars because of lack of stores here and remember not to judge by looks.

The guitars are: Jackson JS30KE Kelly--- Ibanez RG2EX1
(just in case the links don't work)

Thank You

When buying online the only thing u can do is judge a guitar by looks ...

If ur gonna replace the pickups anyway i think u would be better of going second hand.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I'll never buy another cheap Jackson after the experience I had when I purchased my JS30 Warrior. I bought it from musicians friend. The first one I received had one of the nut slots cut so deep that the A string was actually setting on the first few frets. I didn't feel like buying and replacing a nut on a new instrument, so I returned it for replacement. The second one I got, the truss rod rattled every time you plucked a string. I tightened it until there was no relief at all in the neck to put tension on it, and it still rattled. Finally the third one they sent me was acceptable.

I know its a lower end guitar but there's no reason I should have had those problems. It was my first and last purchase of a cheaper Jackson.

Make sure to check out Rondo music as well in your search for an axe. - https://www.rondomusic.com/
Last edited by Matt420740 at Oct 19, 2009,