Well here's the story:

About a year ago i got an old RG series from a pawn shop, it was pretty out of whack, and no matter what i did, i couldn't fix the FR, even after taking it into the shop. I couldn't even find out what model it was through a good deal of research either.

I've been looking around because I'd love a guitar with FR that's reliable in my collection, and I found http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG350DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519415

I've been saving up money, and I think that if I trade in my old RG, i could get a hundred or more from the guitar shop down town, and combine that and what i have to afford the new Ibanez.

Would the new guitar be a good purchase if I'm seeking something reliable?
What model is the RG you have currently? In my opinion the older Ibanez's are better quality than the newer ones. Depending on what model it is.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Oct 19, 2009,
Would you mind posting photos of the 'old' RG you've got?

The 350DX is a pretty meh guitar, I used to own one. If you've already got something potentially better then why downgrade?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...

The closest model in appearance and specs to this one is the RG1570, so that's what I assume it is, though I'm probably wrong.

Here's a shot of the mechanics close-up.

Haha, these are the only two pics of it I have from when I had my camera.

I would get a new trem for it, but all the good floyds are almost half what I paid for the guitar, and installation would push it over that. I'd be paying less if I got the new one.
It has the V7 and V8 pickups, so its not a cheap one. It looks like the older model 1570 to me. The old ones didn't have Prestige on the headstock. You are crazy if you sell that for a RG350.
I would, but I'm not really looking for anything with already extensive breaking in, or that I'm not positive is in the absolutely best condition possible.

If I'm going to make a purchase, I would like it to be on something with absolutely no wear and tear. I don't really have the greatest history with used purchases.

-----

It has what I believe to be a serial number on the back, can this help me decipher it's history?

If it's really one of the older 1570's, I would definitely want to just upgrade the hardware.

-----

got the serial info,

Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant, Japan
Production Number: 52256

now if only it listed the model number lol
Last edited by SoA_Joseph at Oct 19, 2009,
Quote by SoA_Joseph
I would, but I'm not really looking for anything with already extensive breaking in, or that I'm not positive is in the absolutely best condition possible.

If I'm going to make a purchase, I would like it to be on something with absolutely no wear and tear. I don't really have the greatest history with used purchases.

-----

It has what I believe to be a serial number on the back, can this help me decipher it's history?

If it's really one of the older 1570's, I would definitely want to just upgrade the hardware.

-----

got the serial info,

Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant, Japan
Production Number: 52256

now if only it listed the model number lol

The Prestige Series is made in Japan. Regular model RG's are made in Indonesia. So yes, its the old RG1570.

Watch this video here around 3:30 and look at Kirks guitar. Thats an old 1570 and thats what you have - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhaCpykYvCk
Aside from USA customshops, Japan is the best place for a guitar to be built. I'd take 1 Japanese made guitar over 10 Chinese made.
Looks like a 1570 with a different bridge to me. That routing looks a little bit for what's in there.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I actually think your guitar is an RG570 as the 1570 didn't go into production until 2003 while the 570 was produced up till 2002. This is all according to the fact that your guitar's serial number indicates a 2001 build date.

Anyways, what you want to find for your guitar is an original Edge bridge. That's what your guitar had initially so it'll be easy to install.

Edit: I'll also go one further and say that your tuning issues can probably be attributed to what looks like a lo-trs bridge sitting on Edge studs.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Last edited by ch0 at Oct 19, 2009,
wouldn`t install a edge 3, get a edge pro.

the pics look like a original edge(which imo is 1 of the best).

probably needs a proper setup.
Well, thank you guys very much, I've learned a bit about my guitar as well as learned what the problem may be, and how i can fix it.