I just got one. This thing is huge.

Bloody ridiculous price and waiting times ( 9 weeks ) and now it seems that it's not all that great. I'm pissed.

The actual pedal sounds good, it's got an excessive amount of gain at tap and I like to low and high mid selector the trebble and bass are bang on. Gets me some nice rock tones aswell. The boost is a lot louder then I thought .

BUT there is so much interference. Crackly, spluttery electrical interference. When the volume on the pedal is down, and your amp is also, it sounds alright, but that's not how I want to play. At the moment it's just insane and it's not nice at all to play. Sounds nothing like the youtube clips. The wiring in our house isn't that flash, but I know that it's not causing this sound.

I am in Australia, and this one was bought new from a Seymour Duncan Dealer in Sydney, so all the voltages and stuff are correct.

I dunno whats goin' on. Can anyone help me get rid of the yuk sound?
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Last edited by SG310user at Oct 19, 2009,
Well a noise suppressor is out of my budget, to get this pedal here sucked me dry.

I was playing into a borrowed MG50DFX (Thats not the source of the problem) That amp is fine. Tomorrow, i'm gonna use a Fender FM 100, then a Peavey PA system.

I know it's kinda a lot to ask for you guys to suggest something when the details aren't all that great and no budget to buy anything.

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Noise suppressor or it will not sound good is the hard truth I'm afraid. The unwanted noise you're describing is exactly what a noise suppressor is made for removing.
Well, shat

I just used it with headphones. No noise there.

cable between the pedal and amp could be bad. try replacing it with a good cable.
My Band: Throat Hammer (Blackened Thrash)

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Blackstar HT100 & 4-12-Fulltone O.C.D./AMT P1-Jackson RR24RM (EMG 81 in bridge)-Ibanez RG321/SD Blackouts
Quote by rugbyguitargod
cable between the pedal and amp could be bad. try replacing it with a good cable.

This or noise suppressor i think.

Sorry!
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by rugbyguitargod

I'll try this.

Anywho, It's not what I was expecting. I was expecting a brutal, tight, metal massacre. Turns out it's more of an older 'traditional' 80's- early 90's metal pedal that can get you some nice rock tones awsell. Don't get me wrong, it does those things really well ( Well as much as you can hear through the MG) but it's no black metal pedal.

Not sure If I wanna keep it or return it.

Start saving up for an ISP Decimator...

EDIT: ^^ In case you return it and want another distortion pedal, look into the hardwire TL-2 and the Blackstar HT Dist-X. Both have plenty of gain and are widely praised around here.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by Zoso1994 at Oct 19, 2009,