well my band is playing at a bands night next week, and ive bumped into a problem. there are some pretty good local bands that are going to be playing there. but the only reason why their good is because their style of music is mainly pop rockish indie music, sorta like bloc party and cobra starship. the music our band plays is mainly thrash metal (metallica, slayer). thats where the problem is. i dont exactly wanna risk getting booed off or anything if no one is into metal music. its on next week so we cant exactly change anything. any ideas on how to actually get liked?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
You're obviously not like Metallica because they please everyone with their universally accepted rock n roll music.

this is the law that governs the universe.
ok were not like metallica, but their a massive like MASSIVE influence on us and our music. and not everyone is into them..unfortunately everyone that isnt into them lives down here.
just play and have fun who cares if they dont like it haha
plus its an experience and practice and if someone boo's you bottle the ****er
Quote by Happy-Tom
just play and have fun who cares if they dont like it haha
plus its an experience and practice and if someone boo's you bottle the ****er

i might actually, hahaa. thanks guys. although im still nervous because ive never sung infront of anyone before (im a drummer and a guitarist, not a vocalist), i still reckon a mix of genres would be good...i hope
Quote by lazy town
well my band is playing at a bands night next week, and ive bumped into a problem. there are some pretty good local bands that are going to be playing there. but the only reason why their good is because their style of music is mainly pop rockish indie music, sorta like bloc party and cobra starship. the music our band plays is mainly thrash metal (metallica, slayer). thats where the problem is. i dont exactly wanna risk getting booed off or anything if no one is into metal music. its on next week so we cant exactly change anything. any ideas on how to actually get liked?

Werribee eh? Do you go to wsc?
you played us

as both a cancer and a cure
Squier Tele Custom
Laney TF300
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
You're obviously not like Metallica because they please everyone with their universally accepted rock n roll music.

Ehm, yeah
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Play and show them that you do music for fun. Maybe there are some metalheads in the audience that will be dissapointed if you leave

The show must go on...
Quote by GisleAune
Play and show them that you do music for fun. Maybe there are some metalheads in the audience that will be dissapointed if you leave

The show must go on...

yeah that is true. thanks dude were playing for whom the bell tolls by metallica, one of our songs, devil is a loser by lordi and raining blood by slayer. gotta hope for the best haha
Once you play, the audience is gonna boo everyone else off ; )

If you think that way, you'll be more confident when they boo you off because you don't sound like the other bands.
I'd be extremely surprised if you were booed off. Here's my advice;

Look like you're into it. If you're not into it, the crowd won't be into it.

Play well. As long as you play your music well, people won't care nearly as much that it's not music they'd usually listen to.

Be confident about what you're doing. If you let the fact that you're the only hard rock band playing get in the way of your performance, you will conflict with my first point.
Don't get annoyed. If people aren't into it, don't stand there with a look of thunder on your face, hurling insults at the crowd and what not. Swallow your pride, and play like demons. People will respect you for it, especially those out there that are actually into the music you're performing.
Quote by Mathamology
I'd be extremely surprised if you were booed off. Here's my advice;

Look like you're into it. If you're not into it, the crowd won't be into it.

Play well. As long as you play your music well, people won't care nearly as much that it's not music they'd usually listen to.

Be confident about what you're doing. If you let the fact that you're the only hard rock band playing get in the way of your performance, you will conflict with my first point.
Don't get annoyed. If people aren't into it, don't stand there with a look of thunder on your face, hurling insults at the crowd and what not. Swallow your pride, and play like demons. People will respect you for it, especially those out there that are actually into the music you're performing.

now that is what i was looking for! thanks man thats the best advice ever. i will definitely keep that in mind.
Quote by lazy town

So, if i start a band, playing pop rockish indie music, am i automatically good?
Quote by jimmy_neutron
So, if i start a band, playing pop rockish indie music, am i automatically good?

I think he meant accepted.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄