1. Should I give up on tryin to sell/trade my warlock on craigslist, sell my 1978 Peavey and buy new pick ups for my warlock?

2. Which of these pups ive narrowed down should i get, Duncan Blackouts or EMG 81/85?

3. 2 what size strings do I need for a warlock? I use .009 guage but its cutting thru my bridge and there seems to be too much room between holes in the nut.

4. How much should i sell for if its got dings and has a case?
B.C. Rich Body Art Collection June Flesh Ring Warlock

Marshall 8040 Valvestate

1978 Peavey Classic VT 212 amp

All this 4 sale
Last edited by David BcRich at Oct 19, 2009,
Quote by David BcRich
1. Should I give up on tryin to sell/trade my warlock on craigslist, sell my 1978 Peavey and buy new pick ups for my warlock?

2. Which of these pups ive narrowed down should i get, Duncan Blackouts or EMG 81/85?

3. 2 what size strings do I need for a warlock? I use .009 guage but its cutting thru my bridge and there seems to be too much room between holes in the nut.

4. How much should i sell for if its got dings and has a case?

1. I'm not a warlock fan at all, just keep whichever guitar you like best and sell the other.

2. Both can sound great really. I find the duncans to sound a bit more organic but the EMGs to sound more aggressive. Take your pick.

3. What tuning do you play in? The lower the tuning the heavier the strings you'll want

4. Look around on your local used market for similar guitars and base the price on that.
WTLTL 2011
Personally I think it's foolish to sell a 1978 Peavey to fund a WARLOCK??

If you think about it in terms of long term goals, I'm positive that you'll regret it.

I know alot of people love Active pickups but what is your goal by getting them? Personally, I don't feel that active pickups sound good through a tube amp. In fact, they sound a bit sterile. I can get MASSIVE amounts of distortion and a really tight bottom end with my seymour duncan SH-4 in my Schecter.

If you have your heart set on active pickups the blackouts are the way to go. But don't think you need a set of active pickups to get that 'killswitch engage / metallica' tone.

I've always suggested that if you're not happy with your tone, start with your amp first, pickups last.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
The Peavey is an amp, and I have a Marshall, but I was just gonna upgrade pickups but I really kinda would rather get Duncan Passives but I need a good suggestion for which ones to get. I like old school metal like Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath to Metallica to Death Metal stuff
B.C. Rich Body Art Collection June Flesh Ring Warlock

Marshall 8040 Valvestate

1978 Peavey Classic VT 212 amp

All this 4 sale