Sometimes when I switch my amp OFF it makes a BOOM sound ( its loud ) and most of the times when Im switching it OFF while Im on the Lead channel
If I switch the STAND BY OFF before switching the Power OFF it won't make any sounds
Is this normal ?
If not how can I fix this problem ?
*I live in Iran and I cannot take it to any service centers
*I bought it about 3 months ago and it was new
Some times when Im playing in the clean channel it makes some Static noise ( I think its because of my guitar knobs but Im not sure )
HELP ME PLEASE!

...Thanks
Guitar : Cort X-TH ( EMG 81-85 )
Amp : Marshall TSL-602
Effects : Boss MT-2, Boss NS-2
You aren't supposed to turn your amp off before putting it back onto standby. Same with turning it on. You can absolutely ruin your amp if you do it. This is why you don't get the pop when you do.

On = Standby, power
Off = Standby, Power.

Pretty simple really.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Last edited by SOADriff at Oct 19, 2009,
The sound when you turn it off is just because the signal going to the speakers stops, so the cones go back to their original position, and most amps do it. Although without actually hearing it its difficult to tell if its actually a problem, but if it has done it since you got the amp I wouldnt worry too much. I always switch my amp to the clean channel before turning it off.

Does the static happen when you turn the knobs on your guitar, or at random times?
Quote by SOADriff
You aren't supposed to turn your amp off before putting it back onto standby. Same with turning it on. You can absolutely ruin your amp if you do it. This is why you don't get the pop when you do.

On = Standby, power
Off = Standby, Power.

Pretty simple really.

I've known people who've been turning their amps without putting them into standby first for years and they've never had a problem.
It's just a myth in my opinion, because if it were seriously going to harm the amp then wouldn't you think ALL tube amps would have a standby selector.......?
Quote by SOADriff

On = Standby, power
Off = Standby, Power.

Pretty simple really.

Bollocks. The standby is there to pre-heat the tubes with a low voltage, and is 100% unnecessary when turning the amp off.
The only reason I'd use it before turning an amp off is if I plan on working on the amp, as it can sometimes help reduce the charge in the caps.

Your TSL601 sounds perfectly normal by the way.
Quote by kyle62
Bollocks. The standby is there to pre-heat the tubes with a low voltage, and is 100% unnecessary when turning the amp off.
The only reason I'd use it before turning an amp off is if I plan on working on the amp, as it can sometimes help reduce the charge in the caps.

Your TSL601 sounds perfectly normal by the way.

Glad you got there before me. I might have got banned for my rant about this particular myth!
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by AndyPandy
Glad you got there before me. I might have got banned for my rant about this particular myth!

+1

Besides, there are tons of tube amps out there with no Stand-by switch at all. Although I do recommend turning on power for 30 seconds before flipping Stand-by to play.

TS - Your TSL is broke.....sell it to MatrixClaw.

j/k your TSL is fine
Quote by littlephil

Does the static happen when you turn the knobs on your guitar, or at random times?

Its mostly at random times but sometimes when I touch the Volume ( not the Tone ) knob even with the tip of my finger it starts to make that static noise, I had a Input jack problem so I opened the back of my guitar and fixed that problem after that time the knob problem appeared, the knob was a little loose I tightened it a little and the noise was reduced but it was not fixed
Thank you all
Quote by Philosophient
Its mostly at random times but sometimes when I touch the Volume ( not the Tone ) knob even with the tip of my finger it starts to make that static noise

That's usually a grounding issue. Just go back and check all your solder joints, probably just a cold solder or bit of loose wire somewhere