I found an Ibanez AX220 on craiglist. I've heard of Ibanez AX's but I haven't really seen any AX220s. It has an EMG81 and 85 in it so thats pretty sweet. The guy wants 150$ for it. Im not really sure about it though.

Anybody know anything about this guitar? I'm just looking for a guitar to upgrade from my Dean VX. Good deal, bad deal? I particularly like the EMGs in it.
Thanks.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Sounds like a pretty good deal. Those guitars are around $400USD after tax. You should be able to sell the EMGs and get your $150 back.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Sounds like a pretty good deal. Those guitars are around $400USD after tax. You should be able to sell the EMGs and get your $150 back.

Hah, thats the thing too. I already have two EMG 81s. Although the guitar already has an EMG85 and 81 in it. I've been trying to sell these 81s so I can get a better guitar but no ones buying them.

Do you think I should wait and keep trying to sell them and get like 100$, or buy this? Also, I already have 100$ saved up.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by Jason43
They're decent, well made guitars. The price is right, especially if this is a set neck model.

+1

And like mentioned above...the pickups alone are almost worth the $150.
I'd do it. Just throw the pups up on eBay if they aren't selling on CL. I've seen a ton of completed ebay listings with these and they sold at a decent price. Good luck.