I have a Joe Strummer tele. the neck pickup has beautiful clean and warm full sound. imagine the opening chord for GnR knocking on heavens door. however the bridge pickup pretty much sucks..its too tinny and has no depth.

anyways, i'm looking for a pickup to get bluesy sounds and even some funk sounds (RHCP Blood sugar sex magic era type of stuff).

i'm looking at the Seymour Duncan ST59 (anyone have experience with that one?). but i'm open to any suggestions!

cheers!
I'd look into bare knuckle pickups. Also there's a user on here (can't remember who) who winds custom pickups and gives discounts to UG members.

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
IronGear do some amazing Tele pups.
Like this
http://www.irongear.co.uk/irongear_026.htm
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

what type of tone are you after? that st59 is a single-coil sized humbucker; i haven't tried that exact one, but based on the ones I have tried, it's likely to have a very specific tone, somewhat between a single coil and a humbucker. EDIT: oh ok, i saw you did list the rough tones you wanted... I'd want a normal tele pickup for that, not a single coil-sized humbucker.

what country do you live in, too? that'll affect availability and prices etc. etc., and hence recommendations.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A buddy of mine on the Gig scene has a Seymor Duncan Mini-Bucker. Its a single coil sized humbucker and it sounds great! best Tele I've heard for diversifying the genre's.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-ST591-Little-59-Tele-Bridge-Pickup?sku=300015
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Last edited by Jonny Ryan Mac at Oct 19, 2009,
Bareknuckle Yardbird or the boss
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab