So i'm probably going to get some headphones to play guitar with but I have a few questions:

There are different types (DJ, Studio, HiFi etc.) but which ones are good for guitar playing? Are there types that are made specifically for guitar playing?

I have tried playing with Koss Portapros and some other cheaper headphones, but non of them sounded good. Will there be a big difference in sound these and expensier ones?

What are some good headphones (from this link)?

Thanks
dude depending on your budget i would def. go with studio headphones!

edit: beyerdynamic are GOOD
i use DJ headphones. purely because the Bass respnse is pretty amazing, and with being a Rhythm player predominantley i have to have a pretty low sound. also the sound is pretty much identical to what will come out of a front of house sound system, also dont use expensive ones. they will accnetuate certain frequencies. go for mid range which will normally tend to go for an allover tone. which is perfect for guitar.

youll also find that if you can get a really good tone through cheaper headphones the sound coming out of your cab afterwards will be a really nice tone. because your cab is supposed to deal with the guitars frequency range, and will accentuate the nuances of your playing more. which in turn will give your tone a really nice feel.

cheaper headphones ive found respond better to effects as well.

i spent about £45 on mine. and they work quite nicely, but i also use them in the studio as monitors as well. i quite like them

panasonics. decent sound from them and they dont look to stupid either.

just do not buy skull candy...
Quote by Sparky-MMA
i use DJ headphones. purely because the Bass respnse is pretty amazing, and with being a Rhythm player predominantley i have to have a pretty low sound. also the sound is pretty much identical to what will come out of a front of house sound system, also dont use expensive ones. they will accnetuate certain frequencies. go for mid range which will normally tend to go for an allover tone. which is perfect for guitar.

youll also find that if you can get a really good tone through cheaper headphones the sound coming out of your cab afterwards will be a really nice tone. because your cab is supposed to deal with the guitars frequency range, and will accentuate the nuances of your playing more. which in turn will give your tone a really nice feel.

cheaper headphones ive found respond better to effects as well.

i spent about £45 on mine. and they work quite nicely, but i also use them in the studio as monitors as well. i quite like them

panasonics. decent sound from them and they dont look to stupid either.

just do not buy skull candy...

Thanks for the help
Do you know what model they are?
£45 seems like a good price
What are you plugging them into?

If your guitar doesn't sound good, I'll bet that's the speaker emulation and not the headphones at fault - so don't go wasting money on expensive cans just yet.
Quote by Maximum._.Power
Btw, what are the differences between DJ, Studio an HiFi headphones?

One word, marketing.
Toxc, there are huge differences between those types of headphones. DJ headphones have an enormous bass boost, studio headphones have heavy isolation and a flat response, and hifi cans often have less isolation and a less flat EQ than studio headphones.

Usually, DJ headphones are good for cab-simulated guitar processors, since the bass compensates for what is usually a very thin sound.