Hello everyone! I've got a question about Johnny Ramones from Ramones(obviously) stack! He got 3 Marshall heads on top of each other. Why does it have it like that and does he "benefit" from it?

Picture:

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fil:Johnny_ramone.jpg

Thank you
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Clean on a Ramones gig?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
^ both are possible, I've heard some cleans from the Ramones. I also like the cleans from a marshall
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

maybe 2 ran in stereo and 1 backup
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
But I've seen him with 3 cabs and 3 heads. 1 head on 1 cab maybe?
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
^ If he does have 3 half stacks on stage, not all of them will be on all the time.

It probably is a clean/dirty/backup situation.
I could be wrong on this, but I remember reading that in the seventies he used two half stacks for smaller gigs, and two full's for larger gigs(stadiums, and that type of thing) I know they played blisteringly loud, I'm pretty sure the third was backup, or just for show
http://guitargeek.com/rigview/334/

there's his rig, I'd believe it. The third head and cab are most likely for backup, those guys played tons and tons of gigs so I'm sure at least at one an amp failed.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R