Hey guys.
Just wondering, for £489, is this worth saving up for? When I play big gigs I play with a stack, but for bedroom practice and small gigs, would the MA50C be worth saving for?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
Hey guys.
Just wondering, for £489, is this worth saving up for? When I play big gigs I play with a stack, but for bedroom practice and small gigs, would the MA50C be worth saving for?

It's not out yet, but even so I'm willing to bet you could get something that sounds much, much better for the price.
So you want to get a 50 watt tube amp for bedroom practice?

I just hope you're not one of those people who has pissy neighbours/lives in an apartment.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by BeethovensBust
[Insert standard Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo response here, ex. "We don't know, it's not out yet"]

Quote by kyle62
It's not out yet, but even so I'm willing to bet you could get something that sounds much, much better for the price.

+1 on both of those.

if you want vintage marshall tones for home use, you could do a lot worse than this (i should be on commission now): http://www.valvepower.co.uk/index.htm

bear in mind it doesn't get particularly heavy (70s thin lizzy or cream when cranked, kind of thing, with a boost you could hit g n r or maiden), and is a bit of a one-trick pony, but it's a great trick.

if you need more modern tones, or multiple channels, you'd want to look elsewhere, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1 on both of those.

if you want vintage marshall tones for home use, you could do a lot worse than this (i should be on commission now): http://www.valvepower.co.uk/index.htm

bear in mind it doesn't get particularly heavy (70s thin lizzy or cream when cranked, kind of thing, with a boost you could hit g n r or maiden), and is a bit of a one-trick pony, but it's a great trick.

if you need more modern tones, or multiple channels, you'd want to look elsewhere, though.
This.

And you're right about the commission, I found out about mine through you
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
hehe. I'm only joking, though, I found out about it through someone else on here.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
hehe. I'm only joking, though, I found out about it through someone else on here.
Who?
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
longjaw, i think. something like that, anyway- that might be his name on musicradar...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh the guy that sold his and got a Hayden MoFo or something?
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Damn Dave, the guy from Valvepower should really be paying you commission!

They do look the business though, I've recommended one to my other guitarist actually. Will also be my first port of call if the OT on my 18-watter ever gives up the ghost
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Oh the guy that sold his and got a Hayden MoFo or something?

yeah, i think so. I didn't know he'd sold his VP, though- but his was the older version without the powerscaling, i think.

Quote by kyle62
Damn Dave, the guy from Valvepower should really be paying you commission!

They do look the business though, I've recommended one to my other guitarist actually. Will also be my first port of call if the OT on my 18-watter ever gives up the ghost

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i think so. I didn't know he'd sold his VP, though- but his was the older version without the powerscaling, i think.

Oh he probably didn't then lol, I assumed if he got the MoFo he sold the ValvePower
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
i'm not saying he didn't, he could have done and I either missed it or forgot...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Lol I don't think he actually said anywhere whether he did or didn't.

I sent him a PM ages ago about what he thought of the VP but he never replied. I don't think he goes on here any more actually..
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
that's possible. i see him on musicradar more...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's possible. i see him on musicradar more...
I go on MusicRadar a little bit. What annoys me about every forum except UG is that there's no searchbar. Its ok on muiscradar though because there isn't too many threads so you can keep up.
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
haha, i rarely use the searchbar. A lot of forums do have a searchbar, but normally any time I'm searching for something it'll have a really common name in the title, so it's no use. E.g. Valve Power, or English Valve Amps, not much point in trying to search for either of those (unless I'm missing something, which I probably am )...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
haha, i rarely use the searchbar. A lot of forums do have a searchbar, but normally any time I'm searching for something it'll have a really common name in the title, so it's no use. E.g. Valve Power, or English Valve Amps, not much point in trying to search for either of those (unless I'm missing something, which I probably am )...
I don't use it much, I just miss it . And with Valvepower, I would search one word.
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
yeah i think i tried that and it still gave me a bunch of "valve" hits... either that or no hits, i forget
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fair enough
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?