The playing is almost spot on, you just need to clean up the solo a bit and stop hesistating.
My suggestion is to calm down with the effects, a simple clean sound with a little chorus for most of the song.

Other than that it's good!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
The playing is almost spot on, you just need to clean up the solo a bit and stop hesistating.
My suggestion is to calm down with the effects, a simple clean sound with a little chorus for most of the song.

Other than that it's good!

What he said. Nice job though! Maybe you should try singing it as well.
Thanks; I hate the solo myself, because I wanted to try and match the original, but the 7/4 timing throws me off even with the TAB infront of me.
I wasn't quite going for the original tone, which is why there's tremolo and flanger (going for The Incident's tone).
I wish I could sing it too, but I have no mic.
Yeah without the vocals there is a dimension lost. But I would suggest maybe introducing some lead parts over the top? You know, some volume swells and whatnot.

That being said. It sounds great mate. I thought the tone was actually really smooth, even with the heavy addition of the phaser. And the solo was good for sure, you did a fairly nice job of imitating the track as it sounds and yeah, the blend of the lead tone with the clean rhythm is a very nice fit! So I think you did really well on this one.

Good work here.

My first vocal cover;
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22029221#post22029221
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"