Page 1 of 2
Can't remember the following

OK why does Gohan, Krillan and Bulma go to Namik after the fight with Vegeta? And why the hell doesn't Goku go with them? He didn't die after the Vegeta fight because he was already brought back to life so why did he wait around and send the 2 weakest ****ers to Namik to fight the gynu force, Frezza and Vegeta by themselves. Honestly now that I think about it how did Krillan and Gohan survive the first week?
Quote by Ledforthehead

OK why does Gohan, Krillan and Bulma go to Namik after the fight with Vegeta? And why the hell doesn't Goku go with them? He didn't die after the Vegeta fight because he was already brought back to life so why did he wait around and send the 2 weakest ****ers to Namik to fight the gynu force, Frezza and Vegeta by themselves. Honestly now that I think about it how did Krillan and Gohan survive the first week?

I've been watching Dragon Ball Kai, the new remastered and recut version currently airing in Japan in celebration of DBZ's 20th anniversary, so I can answer your question.

They went to Namek to get the Namekian Dragon Balls to wish Tenshinhan, Chaozu, Yamcha, and, most importantly, Piccolo and Kami, back to life. Goku was too injured to go at the time, and the doctors forced him to stay in the hospital. He eventually does go, as I'm sure you know.

The reason why Gohan, Krillin, and Bulma go is because they didn't have any idea that Vegeta was on Namek, and they didn't even know who Frieza was.
Are you aware that you have to be 13 to have a profile here?
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Piccolo died and they didnt have dragon balls on earth anymore (he is half of kami). anyway they go to namek to revive the z warriors that died and didnt expect ot see freiza of vegeta there. also goko was injured when fighting vegeta and couldnt go until he healed.

edit: wow Holy Katana you just beat me so bad lol
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Last edited by zbest at Oct 19, 2009,
Quote by Ledforthehead

They trained on the way to Namek before they landed. Also they both gained massive power from the Great Elder.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Quote by maidenfan15

Are you aware that you probably should have replied to the topic, not the poster? Rules are rules
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by Holy Katana
. Goku was too injured to go at the time, and the doctors forced him to stay in the hospital. He eventually does go, as I'm sure you know.

This always bugged me. Why in the world didn't he just eat a senzu bean in the first place?
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']This always bugged me. Why in the world didn't he just eat a senzu bean in the first place?

The beans were out of stock, they said it would take a while before they were available again. thats why he was in the hospital
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
DBZ FTW! i just got most of the seasons. HA i stole season 7 from Wal-Mart lmao
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Quote by Acronikos
DBZ FTW! i just got most of the seasons. HA i stole season 7 from Wal-Mart lmao

Dude, you're so hard. Your friends must really look up to you.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by Ledforthehead

To get the Namekian dragonballs; i think goku was in the hospital; because piccolo trained gohan good

BTW: BECOME 13 OR GTFO!!!
Better Question: Why In The Hell Would Goku Give Cell A Sensu Bean? Remember? It may have been Vegeta tho...i can't remember.
Quote by rock_star77

or maybe I just like watching anime when I'm baked and was doing it for personal gain no friends involved. It was victory smoking that bong and watching a whole season of DBZ that i didnt even pay for.

so go do something less enjoyable and continue to be a douche
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
^because goku had fighting morals or whatever you wanna call it. Also, he knew that gohan would be able to beat him. And Cell would still become a living bomb when he realized that he couldn't win wether he ate the bean or not.

edit: to haustinj
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']This always bugged me. Why in the world didn't he just eat a senzu bean in the first place?

That's simple. When Goku was revived, he arrived on Earth at Kami's lookout. As you should know, Karin, the talking cat who grows senzu beans, lives in the tower that Kami's lookout sits upon. Goku made a quick stop at Karin's to pick up some senzu beans, and there was only one left (maybe two; I forgot). Senzu beans take a while to grow. Goku actually asked for some when his friends visited him in the hospital, but they were still growing.

The senzu beans had grown by the time Goku recovered and Dr. Brief had renovated his old spaceship. That's why you see him using them so liberally when he does his gravity training.

So there you go. Plothole filled.
Quote by rock_star77

this thread makes me hard
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
DBZ is so weird in stores. Once you get past season 7 I think the price jumps 10 dollars. My girlfriend and I have been watching it recently (Also looking for DVDs of the first Pokemon seasons) and we really wanted the Cell episodes. We get there and they have EVERY season except for the one we wanted so we got the beginning of the Frieza saga.

maidenfan15, I'm almost a legal adult and I love old DBZ. Not to mention my girlfriend, who is almost 16, is pretty much the driving force behind us buying the DVDS.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quick question: Are there any English dubs of DBZ out there that aren't as sanitized as the Funimation versions? Or does Funimation have all of the English dubs? I'd be willing to go for subtitles if it means that the episodes are a bit more raw.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by BladeSlinger
DBZ is so weird in stores. Once you get past season 7 I think the price jumps 10 dollars. My girlfriend and I have been watching it recently (Also looking for DVDs of the first Pokemon seasons) and we really wanted the Cell episodes. We get there and they have EVERY season except for the one we wanted so we got the beginning of the Frieza saga.

maidenfan15, I'm almost a legal adult and I love old DBZ. Not to mention my girlfriend, who is almost 16, is pretty much the driving force behind us buying the DVDS.

****, I'm 20 and still love DB.
Quote by CoreysMonster
****, I'm 20 and still love DB.

and I salute you good sir.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Holy Katana
That's simple. When Goku was revived, he arrived on Earth at Kami's lookout. As you should know, Karin, the talking cat who grows senzu beans, lives in the tower that Kami's lookout sits upon. Goku made a quick stop at Karin's to pick up some senzu beans, and there was only one left (maybe two; I forgot). Senzu beans take a while to grow. Goku actually asked for some when his friends visited him in the hospital, but they were still growing.

The senzu beans had grown by the time Goku recovered and Dr. Brief had renovated his old spaceship. That's why you see him using them so liberally when he does his gravity training.

So there you go. Plothole filled.

Well that settles that, my friend. Thank you.
Quote by BladeSlinger

Yeah I think anyone under 16 wouldn't have common knowledge about it since they didn't grow up watching it religiously.
Quote by maidenfan15

Hrmmm...

I haven't seen DBZ in forever.

How old are YOU?!!??!??
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Quick question: Are there any English dubs of DBZ out there that aren't as sanitized as the Funimation versions? Or does Funimation have all of the English dubs? I'd be willing to go for subtitles if it means that the episodes are a bit more raw.

About 7 years ago or so there was store at my local mall which sold DVD's overdubbed by some Malaysian company. They had reeeaaallly thick accents though. I know there was American company who dubbed them before FUNimation, but I don't know whether they're still in circulation or not. You can find fansubs for cheap on ebay as well.

But in the end, FUNimation always released two versions of the series, one edited, which always appeared on TV, and one unedited, which regularly showed lots of graphic blood and brief nudity.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

The Japanese version has an actual orchestral score that Funi decided to dump in favor of the bland, pseudo-ambient score we all know and loathe. The voice acting is generally better, too, although I'm a fan of both Ian Corlett's and Sean Schemmel's Goku voices.

But to answer your question, the DVDs have the uncut dub as well as the Japanese version. They've been doing two different dubs since they started using their own voice actors instead of Ocean Group's. And a couple of years ago, they redubbed the episodes that Ocean Group did. The score still sucks, but at least you get a more authentic translation.
Ahh DBZ...The good ol days....
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Everyone in this thread should watch DB Kai. It's DBZ in HD without the filler, so it's closer to the original manga. Because of this, it's extremely speedy compared to the original TV series. It also has a brand new score, new opening and ending themes, and rerecorded voice acting by all of the original cast, except for Master Roshi, whose original voice actor is dead.

The Ginyu Force arrive in the newest episode, which aired yesterday in Japan. The fansubs are apparently out now, so I'm off to watch it. For reference, it's only episode 28.
Quote by maidenfan15

your askin to get kamehameha'd.
Quote by Magicant

Oh yeah, that's really going to put him in his place
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Spoiler: Guko Dies. Several times.

wait what?
Gear
Guitar: Ibanez SAS32EX
Amp: Marshall JCM800 4210
With the little help from a TS9
Quote by ..NEM..
I hate Swedes.
Quote by Holy Katana
Everyone in this thread should watch DB Kai. It's DBZ in HD without the filler, so it's closer to the original manga. Because of this, it's extremely speedy compared to the original TV series. It also has a brand new score, new opening and ending themes, and rerecorded voice acting by all of the original cast, except for Master Roshi, whose original voice actor is dead.

The Ginyu Force arrive in the newest episode, which aired yesterday in Japan. The fansubs are apparently out now, so I'm off to watch it. For reference, it's only episode 28.

I will definitely check it out.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

yep. The current Remasters box sets have a new dub as well as japanese with subs.

I'm selling all of the box sets actually.

I want Dragon Ball Season 1 now
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by Ledforthehead

If you watch the arc where Radditz captures Gohan, and Gohan breaks out of the capsule, Radditz comments on an immense power level. That would be Gohan. Gohan is stronger than his father because he is a Saiyan/Human hybrid.
Quote by Magicant

I prefer the Death Beam, haha.

Dragonball and DBZ are my favorite cartoons, so I can definitely see myself in here a lot
Fnck yeah DBZ. In fact I was watching it on Cartoon Network last night.

A question I have is, was there ever a fight that Krillin won? It seems like with every enemy that comes along, he just gets slaughtered without making any impact, besides the fact the real fighters get angry and blow up because he's being hurt (see example: Goku goes supersaiyan).

He's supposed to have grown up and trained with Goku who seems far beyond anything Krillin could face up to in battle. Why does he suck so much? Not to say he's completely useless, he provides some great comic relief at times...
Page 1 of 2