ive heard alot about these being really bad and noone seems to rate them too much...whats the main problems with them???
Xbox Live GT: A7X Dan 09

Only Playing Gears Of War 2 ATM
i've never had one...but from what i've read its pretty mixed reviews, its either major problems or no problems at all...and its usually just they don't hold tunings very well.
The main problem is that the knife edges are made of softer metals than they should be which takes the durability of the unit down so it needs to replaced sooner than it really should be.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
if it`s setup properly and maintained properly there`s no major issues, worst that`s gonna happen is you may need to sharpen the knife edges more frequently than other trem systems, when you consider to buy one seperate from a guitar it`s about £30 and a edge pro is about £200 you are gonna get what you pay for.....it`s just as good as most lfr`s
i have one. It's pretty good, obviously you get what you've pay for, so don't expect wonders. Most people have problems with it because they don't set it up properly. I can even spend a week without tuning the guitar.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
but to be honest if i had to tune my guitar everyday i wouldnt really care....its not like its a lot of effort to simply tune it again
Xbox Live GT: A7X Dan 09

Only Playing Gears Of War 2 ATM
Quote by a7x dan
but to be honest if i had to tune my guitar everyday i wouldnt really care....its not like its a lot of effort to simply tune it again

I am now inclined to believe you've never owned a Floyd Rose style trem... it's really not that easy and if I had to do mine every day I think I might have to kill someone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
you may need to sharpen the knife edges more frequently than other trem systems

hahaha, no pun intended? Seriously though when it comes to trems, the only one ive experienced that was absolutely rock solid and keeps a solid tuning is the floyd rose, but thats also much more expensive than the edge. Maybe you should try it before you buy it if you have a shop with a ibanez with an edge on it you can make up your mind more easily.
@zaphod:- probably play out of tune alot then.....

@stick40:- i don`t see the pun
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Oct 19, 2009,
Quote by Stick40
floyd rose, but thats also much more expensive than the edge iii.

fix'd
all of the more reliably edges (pro, lo pro) are about £20 more than normal FR and so it doesnt really count as a comparison as the Edge iii is bound to be rubbish in comparison to the OFR
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
The Edge III on my old guitar is fine IF you don't abuse the whammy too much like Steve Vai. I had to tune it about once in a few days without whammy abuse, and when the strings became old and rusty I had to tune it daily (!) for some reason, maybe it wasn't set up well.

On the other hand, I haven't tuned my Edge Pro in almost 2 weeks, although I don't use the whammy too often.