Basically I've stuck with individual stomps for a while but I find it hard to find certain instances of pedals that I really fall in love with. The only pedal I'm really attached to is the Red Witch Moon Phaser.

When I played my AD30VT I used to just use the effects on that, the delay, rotary, tremolo and reverb were pretty okay(though the reverb was a bit plain). The Rotary sound was particularly great actually.

I've been mostly looking at the Yamaha Magicstomp, but I'm worried about the clumsy interface among other things.

Obviously multi-fx generally don't have fantastic quality sounds compared to "proper" analogue units, but I'm sure this is a general rule rather than an absolute one.

If I could afford it I'd probably get an M9, but I'd like for it to have at least some amp modelling for when I'm too lazy to plug in my dirt(I really like the Bassman sound on the Magicstomp, though not much else).

The Magicstomp seems to be one of the only multifx with it's own "character". My main reason for wanting a multifx is that I want to play with and combine effects and go beyond the realm of what single stomps normally do. Both the Magicstomp and M9 are great for this, combining and manipulating older effects into new ones.

The sounds I'd need to be "good" from the unit would be Chorus/Flanger, Delay(though I'm getting a Memory Boy soon too) and Verb. Everything else can be "passable" as I'd be using that to make the crazier effects where analogue like warmth doesn't matter as much.

I want some honest unbiased opinions here, not "Analogue forever" kind of stuff.
The Magicstomp is a good unit that can be used with other pedals. You pretty much need to program it from the computer.
Get a Line 6 pod of some sort.

The X3 is superb (check my profile for some clips of the usb connection)

But it's also quite prizy
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
Get a Line 6 pod of some sort.

The X3 is superb (check my profile for some clips of the usb connection)

But it's also quite prizy

Yeah, I'd love to get a POD but they are a bit too pricey especially considering the modelling on the Tonelabs are just as good. I want something that I can mix and match effects on so the Tonelabs aren't great for that though.