Hey, i've just bought a behringer vampire half stack, and i also own a boss gt 8, right my problem it i want to use the amp effects ie distortion, delay, chorus etc. and have my GT8 into the effects loop so i can use all the expression pedal effects that aren't on the amp. The problem is that as soon as i plug a cable into the vampires return/ line in jack, the signal to the cab is cut off! this is what the manual says anyway..

"As Soon as the VAMPIRES Line IN (return) is connected, the signal is automatically routed to the DSP. The Input signal from the front will then be interrupted at this point."

Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks
Mikee
MikeeSpace!!!

Ibanez RGT42
Marshall AVT50
Boss GT8
Cry Baby
DS-1

Aria STG (customized)
You don't need to use the GT-8 in the effects loop.
You can use it in front.

The effects loop is not solely for effects, it's really more for modulation and time based modulation effects, like reverb, delay, or phaser. And you don't need to use it.

EDIT: I looked up the V-Ampire...Doesn't look like an effects loop to me, anyway. I don't know what that is.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Oct 19, 2009,
Yeah i see what you mean, thinking im going to have to and yet again piss about with all the setting on the gt8 haha, but i dont get why the signal cuts off all together when i plug a lead into the return/line in port
MikeeSpace!!!

Ibanez RGT42
Marshall AVT50
Boss GT8
Cry Baby
DS-1

Aria STG (customized)