Page 1 of 4
Well we all know who ar the best live bands, so who are the worst?

I'l start of with a Pit favourite

Dragonforce
Muse

ololololololol
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
The Who, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Bob Dylan.
RULE BRITANNIA
All That Remains...aren't not great live. And I love the band...but they are terrible live. I was hoping it was just a fluke the first time I seen them...but the next 4 times it was the same.
Dragonforce was absolute bulllshit live. I couldn't wait till their set was over so a real band could start playing.

Quote by eyebanez333
All That Remains...aren't not great live.

I have know idea what the hell you're trying to say here, but All That Remains was awesome. They were very good live.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Oct 19, 2009,
I think Linkin Park this year at Sonisphere (UK) was rather rubbish.

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
Quote by Duffman123

Dragonforce

I disagree, too many people jump on the bandwagon. Just because their guitars sound crazy doesn't mean they aren't able to replicate that live.

I'v seen them live, they put on a pretty good show tbh.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Todd Hart

You have to understand, Duffman always mentions Muse/Matt Bellamy in his threads, and since he didn't do so here, I decided to do the responsible thing and do so myself.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Duffman123

Dragonforce

How original

I thought that interview that was just recently added to UG would clear up you idiots, but alas, I was mistaken.

Herman Ri had a perfectly good explanation for their poor live performance.

Maybe you should read up: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/hit_the_lights/dragonforce_live_playing_through_the_roof_since_having_in-ear_monitors.html
Last edited by Dregen at Oct 19, 2009,
Quote by Adam124
I disagree, too many people jump on the bandwagon. Just because their guitars sound crazy doesn't mean they aren't able to replicate that live.

I've also seen them live and felt bad for them because it sounded so bad.
Out of who i've seen, Dragonforce and Trivium.
I've heard that Atreyu are rubbish live
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Karvid
Muse

ololololololol

I saw them open for U2 (Muse was actually the main reason I went) and they were great, except they only did 8 songs
Last.fm

Baltimore Ravens
Washington Capitals
Baltimore Orioles
Jeff Gordon24
Quote by im not mental
thrice.

i've seen em twice now and they were boring both times.

Maybe they'll improve if you go and see them... thrice?
Geddit?
Quote by skaterskagg1

I have know idea what the hell you're trying to say here, but All That Remains was awesome. They were very good live.

Yeah if you've never heard the album before and don't know what the song is supposed to sound like Phil is a great singer...in the studio. Watch the DVD/youtube...he is off key in just about every song when they play live. Case in point: the chorus in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58hqBdhoHfE
I saw the mars volta open for the chili pepeprs.. I love the mars volta. but they honestly sucked that night

and I saw Bob Dylan last september and he also sucked quite a bit
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Alot of people jumping on the Trivium hate bandwagon as usual, over the past year they've been flawless live. Seen them 5 times now and will continue to do so whenever I can.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Adam124

I agree with you. I saw them at Mayhem fest 2 years back. They were quite fantastic.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Kings of Leon?

Play a set of boring new songs then insult the crowd for not reacting and flip them off? Classy.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Alot of people jumping on the Trivium hate bandwagon as usual, over the past year they've been flawless live. Seen them 5 times now and will continue to do so whenever I can.

I saw them 2-3 times afew years ago, before they released Shogun, and they weren't very good live. I wouldn't mind seeing them play some of their Shogun stuff.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Adam124

No, I've seen them live. The only good part was when they threw beers into the crowd. Turisas were clearly the better band of the night.
Quote by kaptink
Kings of Leon?

Play a set of boring new songs then insult the crowd for not reacting and flip them off? Classy.

True

Everyone says how amazing live they are, but they are boring as hell
Job for a Cowboy.

I only saw them cos they were opening for Megadeth and I wanted a spot at the front, I didn't like their music before, but their live performance was awful.

Everyone else I've seen were pretty bob-on though, well Testament were a bit off when I saw them, but I blame the Birmingham NEC for that, awful venue.
I was impressed to see Steve Vai manage to sound perfect even though they were ****ed about by the airport and really rushed.

Oh Suburban Legends had Mic trouble, but all in all they sounded great, when you play "Just can't wait to be king" from the Lion King as an encore you can't go wrong!
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

um.................
Angus = god
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

I've had the misfortune of seeing them live 3 times. The first time (in 2005) the were actually kinda decent. Now they're alright, but their stage antics make me wonder if they think they're filling arena's like Metallica did in the late 80s. Very annoying. I evaded them twice this year.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb Combo
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Tons of Green Tortex picks
Lots of other crap...
Quote by eyebanez333
Yeah if you've never heard the album before and don't know what the song is supposed to sound like Phil is a great singer...in the studio. Watch the DVD/youtube...he is off key in just about every song when they play live. Case in point: the chorus in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58hqBdhoHfE

They were good in the sense that there was a lot of energy, the crowd was into it and the music sounded fine. So the singer was off key a little, that should detract from everything else that was going on. I had a great time when I saw ATR.
Quote by guitar_newbie
Blink 182, most specifically Tom deLonge

your retarded. that was probably one of the best shows i've ever seen. you have to realize he sounds bad on his cd's, and he sounds bad live....his crappy singing IS blink 182.
Guns n Roses.
Due on stage, 9pm.
Axl gets his ginger arse on stage, 10:30
And the new material blows.
hmm....I saw Trivium when they toured with All That Remains, The Human Abstract, and 36 Crazyfists. All were definitely great but Trivium definitely stole the show. There was just a lot more energy with Trivium than with the other bands, not to mention, being a drummer as well as a guitarist, I spent half the time drooling over Travis Smith's drumset (****ing amazing set). But seriously, Trivium was great live, idk what you guys are talking about.
Last edited by drdoom8793 at Oct 19, 2009,
Quote by kaptink
Kings of Leon?

Video?
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
The most boring concert I ever went to was the last red hot chili peppers concert played in houston. I blame it partially on the venue...the toyota center sucks for concerts. But still...the setlist was bleh and there was not much interaction with the audience

they are still one of my fav bands though
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Agreed. I've seen them 4 times and I've never once had anything to complain about.

Dragonforce also get a lot of flak if you ask me mainly because the music they play is unpopular as it is. IMO they were functional live, they played their set, they left. They didn't suck by any means, but they hardly set the world on fire, and thats hardly the point of this thread.

A band I would say suck are Black Tide, because the singer can barely play and sing, and recently Bullet For My Valentine at Sonisphere had me nearly sleeping, zero crowd interaction, zero charisma or stage presence
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Page 1 of 4