I listen to a lot of Sunn O))) and other Drone bands and I hear from various p eople that you have to listen to it at extremely loud volumes in order to get the right affect. I was wondering if anyone knew any certain brands as far as speakers go and all of that that would be able to produce a very high output without buzzing or distorting
my mate's seen sunn o)))

they are just as terrible live
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by wheatmore
my mate's seen sunn o)))

they are just as terrible live

"You may as well sleep next to a broken fridge" - On Sunn O)))

ಠ_ಠ

wat

I'd never heard of them, so I figured i'd check them out. That shit on half volume gave me a headache. Why would you want to blast it.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
You'd need more than two speakers, at least.
How much money are you willing to spend?

You don't have to listen to it loud, you don't have to listen to any sort of music loud.
Just get the sound balance right.
The Angelic Process are what you want for Drone Doom. They were truly spectacular.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
It as cool for, a minute or two?

Then I realized that it never changes...
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Need more Overlords.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by mental_zer0
i like drone music...sober...

Me too
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
the only drone bands I really got in to were The Angelic process and Earth. But I think what bands like Sunn 0))) do is pretty cool, I just have a hard time listening to it.
Quote by technicolour
the only drone bands I really got in to were The Angelic process and Earth. But I think what bands like Sunn 0))) do is pretty cool, I just have a hard time listening to it.
Hmm, yeah. I don't blame anyone for finding it hard to get into SUNN O))) lol.

Earth's probably the best must-listen I can think of for Drone. OM is a good band which is a kind of cross-over to Stoner Doom.
Om are great but I wouldn't call them drone.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.