So, hi guys. I'm buying an el. guitar, my first one, and i need your opinions . I already have a roland micro cube, i got it off my friend, because i liked it. My music styles are stuff like Hendrix (mostly), ZZ Top, Zappa, Zeppelin, a bit of AC/DC, and a bit of blues (BB King). After a lot of thinking i came to this:
this
another this
this
Can you halp me? Maybe i missed something? Mu budget would be around 140EUR w/o shipping, from thomann. Besides is the price premium between the kramer and squier really worth it? What about HB and squier tele?
Thanks in advance dudes.
You will probably get more out of a strat than a tele for what you want. Have you looked into any other brands of guitars? The exchange rate isn't exactly accurate enough for guitars. Low end Ibanez would be good. There is also the Yamaha Pacifica 112j. The 012 might be more in your price range though.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
+1 Strat. i got the crappy bullet. makes a mean blues sound but thats about it. i just love the feel of a strat.
The strat. My friend has a squier tele and it has a world of problems... However his strat is doing just fine.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Chaos Nil
You will probably get more out of a strat than a tele for what you want. Have you looked into any other brands of guitars? The exchange rate isn't exactly accurate enough for guitars. Low end Ibanez would be good. There is also the Yamaha Pacifica 112j. The 012 might be more in your price range though.

What's the difference between the 112j and 112v ?
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by Chaos Nil

I have, but all i've seen are only no-names like Jim Harley or Jack&Danny. Oh, also i have corners of my eyes on Vintages, which seem somewhat decent (V6).

EDEET: http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/EUR/Jack-Danny-YC-ST13-Metallic-Black-Strat-Shape-HSS/art-GIT0000935-002 um, so this is one of those no-names.
Last edited by rmb1 at Oct 19, 2009,
Quote by falconthefirst
What's the difference between the 112j and 112v ?

apparently the vibrato is more responsive, the hardware is better, and the stock humbuckers are better. There is also a coil tap function, where you can turn the bridge humbucker into a single coil sound...
New improved tremolo, die-cast chrome tuners, and redesigned smaller pickguard, HSS alnico pickups, and block saddles
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Any opinions on Vintage V6? I found it in Lithuania (my country), and from what i've heard they're pretty good. So the question would be V6 or affinity? Or perhaps those no-names...
I have an offer for an Ibanez RG 321, for like 110EUR? Is it worth it, i've heard Ibanez is for metalheads... (i pretty much dislike metal)
Quote by rmb1
I have an offer for an Ibanez RG 321, for like 110EUR? Is it worth it, i've heard Ibanez is for metalheads... (i pretty much dislike metal)

The only reason it has that reputation is because of the excellent playability they offer is what a lot of people who play faster and technical music prefer. There's nothing metal about 90% of Ibanezes.
So now i have 2 more offers.
And my choices come to this:
Vintage V6 - 160 Eur
Squier Affinity strat - 175Eur (with shipping)
Cort G210 - 90Eur
Cort Z40 - 100Eur

I'm confused . Which one would suit me best?