just got outbidded on a Mesa Rect-O-Verb combo - I was just wondering before I stick a bid in higher, and get into the REAL money - will this amp suit me?

I play classic - hard rock and some metal - think the Beatles, Eddie, ACDC, Led Zep, Metallica and some other stuff all mixed together. Most of them use UK voiced amps - sure I could put EL34s in the Mesa, but will it suit me?
It'll work, but there is better.

it'll do the metal stuff. but Beatles is gonna be hard to do
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Dude, you could have just posted an update on your other thread, there was no need to create another one.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
What's your budget?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
You'd be much better off getting a JCM900 or the Bugera clone of it (Bugera 1990).

The Mesa boogie is a decent amp but it's obvious from your musical choices that a Marshall amp is going to suit you much better.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
^I would suggest the 800 over the 900, simply because the 800 will do all the classic stuff very well but still be able to be boosted into metal territory.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Agreed, but the 800 doesn't have a clone that you can pickup for $450.

Seriously that Bugera 1990 sounds incredible.....

I've been a tube snob and I own some high priced gear and I'm not embarrassed in the least to say that that cheap amp sounds GREAT.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
I thought I was clicking reply when I clicked new thread - sorry

So let me get this straight you were on the main forum page not even in your post and you mistakenly hit the post thread and titled it as a new thread. Thinking you where replying to your own post. Interesting Fail...
Quote by theraven871
Agreed, but the 800 doesn't have a clone that you can pickup for $450.

Seriously that Bugera 1990 sounds incredible.....

I've been a tube snob and I own some high priced gear and I'm not embarrassed in the least to say that that cheap amp sounds GREAT.

The Peavey Windsor can be picked up cheaper than $450, and is very reminiscent of the 800. And the 900 (or 1990) won't cover all of those genres.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
The Peavey Windsor can be picked up cheaper than $450, and is very reminiscent of the 800. And the 900 (or 1990) won't cover all of those genres.

The Windsor is a pile of crap compared to the 1990.

Anyway, I'd recommend the Bugera 1960, a good 2x12, and a nice overdrive pedal.
Quote by kyle62
The Windsor is a pile of crap compared to the 1990.

Anyway, I'd recommend the Bugera 1960, a good 2x12, and a nice overdrive pedal.

The view on Bugera's seems to have changed around here.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by kyle62
I don't claim to speak for the masses, my friend.

Then don't make crass generalizations such as "The Peavey Windsor is a pile of crap".

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss