well i sold my brothers spider, my marshall JCM 2000 DSL 401, and now im full of cash (900&euro lol its not that much but ok. XMAZ is almost there, it not that i care, but i always get some cash :x

I have 3 kind of amps in mind....they're all valve, all 30w, but the 3 have big problems..

VOX ac30 CC2 : this would be really cool...but... i play zep, van halen, big rocks, i dont know if this one would have the balls for me... not enough gain, and i wanted to go with a good head and cab amp... and i want to use it in my bedroom /studio / small gig, this one would be like too much lounder....

Orange AD30 with 212 match : damn this thing is okay, but i dont really know if i can crank it up... it could be really loud for me to play at home :x but i would be perfect if it where no so louder that the AC30...

Orange Dual Terror with 212 orange cab: this thing is made in ****ing korea damn it... 30 / 15 / 7 really damn good for the bedroom, studio, small gig...but damn i want a good amp, and i really twist my nose to made in china / korea musical stuff.... THIS WAS THE PERFECT AMP for me if it was MADE IN UK....

damn chinese orange....
They are all VERY VERY LOUD. You misunderestimate how loud 30 watts actually is.

and Korean Orange is still pretty damn good, don't go off where it's made, go off what it sounds like.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
They are all VERY VERY LOUD. You misunderestimate how loud 30 watts actually is.

and Korean Orange is still pretty damn good, don't go off where it's made, go off what it sounds like.

agree completely, esp. the being made in korea part. i'm not really sure why people base their purchases off of where an item is made, especially if the item in question sounds awesome.
If the orange is perfect then don't get thrown if it's made in Korea.
i know 30w is very damn loud... my marshall dsl 401 is 40w and it is damn loud....

i have to play a orange ad30 / dual terror in a A/B test!!!
if you don't need 30 watts, you could get this...

http://www.valvepower.co.uk/index.htm

with 900 euro you should have enough to get some of the other UK-made heads too, from companies like EVA (English valve amps), martamp/mjw, matamp, etc. etc. I haven't tried them, though, just heard good things.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What about an Orange Rocker 30?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the rocker 30 has SS stuff, its not my amp, it has to much gain for me....
well, the r30 does not have a tube rectifier, it is based in 5 tubes, its not class A.... i think it is a "mordernish" sound, i like vintage sound, vintage orange i think it is the Ad30....
if you want a valve rectifier, that's your prerogative, however having a solid state rectifier doesn't mean something is solid state, it's still considered a valve amp. class A is a bit of a can of worms, too... suffice it to say, a lot of amps which are claimed to be class A, er, aren't. if you just don't like the tone of the rocker 30, though, that's fair enough.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My best suggestion to you would be to go to a guitar store that has quite a few amps and try out a few. Also don't forget to talk to the staff. Many times they will make a suggestion that you'll fall in love with but you would have never tried it otherwise.

Back in the day, I went to go purchase a PRS guitar. The sales tech suggested I tried a Schecter C1 Classic instead. I ended up buying the Schecter as it was clearly the better guitar for me. Also saved me almost $1500 in the process.

So, go ahead and trust your ears more then you trust other peoples thoughts here on the internet. But also give yourself the opportunity to try out some amps that you may not otherwise.

When you find the amp for you, you'll just know it. Nobody can tell you what one to get and when your ears finally decided what you want, nobody will be able to talk you out of it. You'll have to find the amp that tickles YOU. If you're undecided, then that usually means that you haven't found the right one yet. Get out there and start trying out some gear!
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Last edited by theraven871 at Oct 19, 2009,
Korea make a lot of excellent musical equipment these days, rivalling Japan all the way. Shouldn't be prejudiced about that, my friend.

Anyways, you really should consider the Rocker 30. It's a great amp and seems to be right up your street.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Skierinanutshel

addendum: dave, i like your thinking!

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?