I like it a lot. The body is made from three pieces of mahogany and the neck from five, is that good or bad?
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
With the neck, its generally a good thing. The 5 piece neck refers to the laminates, which help strengthen your neck (plus they look sexy). For the body, its not really good or bad.

Nice bass though, I love both single string bridges and trans black finishes
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Thanks for explaining and the compliment!

Rock on!
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
Great choice, it's a good all-round bass. I should know, I've got one...

But, depending on its' age, the 400's body had either a walnut core with basswood wings and a maple cap; or it's basswood with a maple cap. The neck is maple and walnut 5-ply.
How are you getting on with the biased top-end profile on the neck?
I'm not the biggest fan of BTBs, but they certainly look great! I love the top, especially in the grey. I didn't think I would, but there you go

I hope you enjoy it a lot, it looks really nice ^^
Quote by creepingjesus73
^I was trying to trade mine for my bro-in-law's ATK...

He isn't having any of it!

If your's was a higher model or a five string I'd offer mine. I love my ATK but the lack of a neck pickup and a B string is starting to get to me.
Thanks everyone! The bass is from 2002...
I love that bass!
I'm looking at a 5 sting BTB atm . I love that finish .
HAVE A NICE DAY!

[IMG]http://www.bdcwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/cactus_jack_photostudio_by_windows8osx-d51sqcw.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks everyone :P
An '02! I'd a feeling that was an older model - the current 400's don't have the Vari-Mid thingy (mine's an '01 btw). When the batteries start to go, you can turn the mid boost up full, and swing the Q knob round to get an interesting wah/talkbox-ish effect. For the remaining 5 mins of battery life...

Quote by Spaz91
If your's was a higher model or a five string I'd offer mine. I love my ATK but the lack of a neck pickup and a B string is starting to get to me.

His is an early one, with the neck pup, so I know what you mean. The MK2 versions without, are missing that little cherry on the cake, so to say. Still a very nice bass, different to the BTB's, and unbelievably cheap for the quality. Pity the 5ers are rare as hen's teeth.
He's also no mug, and backed away quietly from my offer of a ton for it!
So older models are better?