I don't know if this is the right forum but what the heck! Basically I have just recently purchased an 1999 Ibanez RG7420. It plays well and as it was made in Japan, has a good build quality. However the tremolo isn't all that, it is a Ibanez lo-trs trem and I'm looking into swopping it out for an Edge pro 7 or an Original Floyd Rose 7. So my main question to you guys is would it be a direct swop or would it require further modification? Thanks in advance.
Quote by GuitarHeroUK
I don't know if this is the right forum but what the heck! Basically I have just recently purchased an 1999 Ibanez RG7420. It plays well and as it was made in Japan, has a good build quality. However the tremolo isn't all that, it is a Ibanez lo-trs trem and I'm looking into swopping it out for an Edge pro 7 or an Original Floyd Rose 7. So my main question to you guys is would it be a direct swop or would it require further modification? Thanks in advance.

Hey man you should check out www.jemsite.com

Should have all the info you need there @ JemSite.com
I have an Ibanez wif a Edge Pro, nice trem, but the original floyd rose is probably a better trem. Im not 100% sure, I think the Edge pro7 will fit straight in but don't take my word, do the research. Koolies
Quote by minerva222
Hey man you should check out www.jemsite.com

Should have all the info you need there @ JemSite.com
I have an Ibanez wif a Edge Pro, nice trem, but the original floyd rose is probably a better trem. Im not 100% sure, I think the Edge pro7 will fit straight in but don't take my word, do the research. Koolies

you can`t be serious
Edge Pro owns Original Floyde Roase...FWIW
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
OK, check this link out: http://lawl.net/gtr/trems

Pifty knows his trems - apparently, the Lo TRS swaps for either the original or the Gotoh Floyd Rose. I'd suggest changing the studs, too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
guitarheroUK dont only read the above link. i asked a question about it in the FR thread and the main person providing all of the help says he doesnt totally trust that site. not saying its totally wrong, just get second and third opinions.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

^ trust it or not, it doesn't claim anything that I haven't seen with my own eyes.

On that note, 7420 has a seven string LoTRS, and I personally have no idea what it swaps with. OFR7 would be a good guess as far as stud spacing goes (both are a bit flexible in that department), but as for route depth and block length, it's a crapshoot, and you'd have to measure both and compare (or at least find a competent measurement diagram).

On a side note, you should've gone for the 7620 with LP7 and factory dimarzios. Cost of a donor trem would make the 7420 less economically sound than it should be.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by ibanezgod1973
you can`t be serious

yea, its from my experience with edge pro trems (as we all have had different experiences)
What experiences did you have with it then?

Try not to be so vauge when saying things like that.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ