Ok basically on the UK version of Craiglist there is a Laney LC30 for sale............................for only £50 this is really suprising since I searched it and its going for over £420 new.

People say that 30watts is way loud, does this mean it is too loud to use at bedroom levels or is it just too loud to push the tubes into overdrive?
I.e. could I get it and just use an overdrive pedal to get overdriven tones?

I am kinda thinking of getting it and then keeping it in case I ever form a band or need it to jam with a drummer.

Or buy it and sell it on, do you think this would be easy and would I make money?

Thanks, hope this thread gets more replies than my other one (completely different subject)
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Buy it anyway before someone else on here does :P

You can have as many watts as you want, so long as you have volume control it doesn't matter. You can just turn it down in your room, crank it up with drummers
It could either be horribly broken, or the guy is an absolute loon. IMHO, I would DEFINITELY try before you buy on this one. And yes, if it isn't broken you could get some easy coin on this, though I don't know why you would sell it.
buy it. make sure it isnt broken. jump on it.
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
30 watts from a tube amp can be quite loud indeed.

You can easily get preamp overdrive but in order to push the powertubes into overdrive you have to crank the amp.

If that is your goal then either look to get a power attenuator or for possibly a 15 watt tube amp.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Get it! £50!? That's an awesome deal. Even if you don't keep it you can flip it for profit!

What's the UK version of CL?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

jump on that deal. i have a marshall tube 30 watt and while it does sound alot better at higher volumes it still sounds great as a practice amp
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Ok on the ad it says that it is in full working order, I've sent him an email but he hasn't replied yet.

The uk version of craiglist is called gumtree.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Quote by phlip999
It could either be horribly broken, or the guy is an absolute loon. IMHO, I would DEFINITELY try before you buy on this one. And yes, if it isn't broken you could get some easy coin on this, though I don't know why you would sell it.

agreed, that's in "too good to be true" territory. Likely to be a gip of some kind, unless you're just really lucky.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Which city of gumtree is it in? Sounds like a deal you should take up to me.
We have Gumtree and Craigslist here, but CL is crap for some reason. Probably cos it looks like I designed it - we like shiny stuff over here!

Any way - jump on it if it works. The LC series are master volume, and sound pretty nice even when running quite quiet.
we have CL?

i love gumtree
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
It says on the ad that it is in full working order and he says hes free all day tomorrow for viewings but he also says that there been a lot of interest in it so the best price will get it.

Not sure how much I'm willing to pay, but obviously if I do go and view it then I will try it out.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
just watch he doesn't cosh you over the head and sell you as a sex slave...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?