Sorry, I didn't search bar sorry if it belongs somewhere else

Okay, so this is a question for you computer wizzes.

I can't log in on anything on the internet. If I log in here (The forums, not the site, (which is the only site it lets me log on too), every time I close the screen, I have to log back in, even if I do "remember me".

On ultimate-guitar (the WEBSITE (Where you get TABS), I log in (my pass is exactly well written), it says "Thanks for logging in", then redirects me to the log in page, logged out.

Same on facebook, I log in, make sure everything is perfect, then it redirects me to a log in page. I can't even change the language, I try to change it, it redirects me to the log in page, without changing the language.

On youtube too. Basically, every site except this one won't let me log in.

First, I thaught something was wrong with my cookie options, but It also doesn't work (any of these sites), on my iPod Touch. I'm thinking it's something with my internet connection, I tried de-plugging the router, then re-plugging it, but it still doesn't work.

Please help me, it's pissing me off

PS: I reset internet explorer 8 3 times, with no luck.

PSS: I use internet explorer 8 if that helps...
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
your browser might be having problems, try using firefox or another browser
Drop the gun, try to shake, away the blindfold from your eyes.

Step Back. Evaluate. Recognize.
Quote by Rancid Ivy
Sorry, I didn't search bar sorry if it belongs somewhere else

Okay, so this is a question for you computer wizzes.

I can't log in on anything on the internet. If I log in here (The forums, not the site, (which is the only site it lets me log on too), every time I close the screen, I have to log back in, even if I do "remember me".

On ultimate-guitar (the WEBSITE (Where you get TABS), I log in (my pass is exactly well written), it says "Thanks for logging in", then redirects me to the log in page, logged out.

Same on facebook, I log in, make sure everything is perfect, then it redirects me to a log in page. I can't even change the language, I try to change it, it redirects me to the log in page, without changing the language.

On youtube too. Basically, every site except this one won't let me log in.

First, I thaught something was wrong with my cookie options, but It also doesn't work (any of these sites), on my iPod Touch. I'm thinking it's something with my internet connection, I tried de-plugging the router, then re-plugging it, but it still doesn't work.

Please help me, it's pissing me off

PS: I reset internet explorer 8 3 times, with no luck.

PSS: I use internet explorer 8 if that helps...

There's your problem

Edit: Also,
On ultimate-guitar (the WEBSITE (Where you get TABS)

Are you sure that this is true?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Oct 19, 2009,
Yes. Oh, and I just noticed, I can't access the "Bands and Artists" forum, it just logs me out and back to the forum index...

EDIT: Well, it also doesn't work on my iPod touch...which I think uses Safari as a browser...
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Weird...

Have you tried resetting the router and modem? That's different from merely doing a power cycle.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yes, well, by that I mean, I've unplugged the modem and router, then re-plugged them again...
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by Karvid
There's your problem

Yeah, I hate to be that guy, but get Firefox.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by Rancid Ivy
Yes, well, by that I mean, I've unplugged the modem and router, then re-plugged them again...

That's only a power cycle. Reset your router and modem. The reset buttons are usually on the back and accessible by the tip of a pen.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Does it work elsewhere on your iTouch? If yes, you probably have an anti-virus or a firewall that's not letting you save cookies because it's gone mad with power.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Xiaoxi
That's only a power cycle. Reset your router and modem. The reset buttons are usually on the back and accessible by the tip of a pen.

Okay, I'll try later today.

PS: Will it affect ANYTHING?
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by SteveHouse
Does it work elsewhere on your iTouch? If yes, you probably have an anti-virus or a firewall that's not letting you save cookies because it's gone mad with power.

No, it isn't working on my iPod Touch, at the same exact places as on the computer.

BTW, sorry for double post
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by Rancid Ivy
Okay, I'll try later today.

PS: Will it affect ANYTHING?

Well, resetting your modem and router might erase IP settings, in which case you have to reassign the IP's.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Rancid Ivy
No, it isn't working on my iPod Touch, at the same exact places as on the computer.

BTW, sorry for double post

You should try to connect the Touch to another connection.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, resetting your modem and router might erase IP settings, in which case you have to reassign the IP's.

Would that be hard or would it do it by itself automatically.

EX: Would anyone notice I've done anything to them?
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by Rancid Ivy
Would that be hard or would it do it by itself automatically.

It should be able to self assign. But it's not always the case. And yes, people on your network would notice if the Internet was down because they won't be able to access any site or email.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
It should be able to self assign. But it's not always the case. And yes, people on your network would notice if the Internet was down because they won't be able to access any site or email.

yeah but I mean, does it take long to reset. Is it like, I unplug everything, reset them both, then plug everything again? Or i unplug the router, reset the modem, un-plug the modem, reset the router, then plug everything and I'm done...

Or do I just leave everything plug, reset them both, then go back on the computer and it'll work...or will it take like, 3 hours before the internet goes back on?
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Yes, they are very well turned on. read the god damn first post lmfao. I even tried putting the extra option that bypasses automatic cookie filter and enabled session cookies, and that didn't even work -_-
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Try switching to firefox for a bit.
Even if you don't like firefox for whatever reason, it's still worth a shot. And if it works, no harm done.
You could also try re-installing Internet explorer.
If those fail, start to accept that you have a Virus of some kind, even if you detect nothing, Viruses are sneaky little bastards that can hide if they want to.
And if it's not a virus? Begin to accept that the almighty internet is trying to tell you that you are best suited offline

EDIT: Oh, and the people here are telling you to check your cookie settings for good reason. I know you checked, but hell, a problem like this is something that is caused by cookies being turned off/put on some weird setting that deletes them.

EDIT 2: V

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Oct 19, 2009,
I don't think it's a virus...cuz it doesnt work even on my iPod touch. SO far, my best idea is to go with resetting my modem and router, which I'll do tomorrow or something.
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by Rancid Ivy
yeah but I mean, does it take long to reset. Is it like, I unplug everything, reset them both, then plug everything again? Or i unplug the router, reset the modem, un-plug the modem, reset the router, then plug everything and I'm done...

Or do I just leave everything plug, reset them both, then go back on the computer and it'll work...or will it take like, 3 hours before the internet goes back on?

Doesn't take long. You got the order switched around. Don't unplug the devices when you're resetting them. Leave them on, and hold the reset button for 15-30 seconds for each device. It should respond with flashing lights, which indicates it has been reset. Then the modem should be able to self assign an IP which should automatically be picked up by the router.

Try resetting the modem first and then the router. Don't disconnect their power cables.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It's a cookie issue.

You either have them set to delete on browser closure or its just IE being its usual shit self.

Change to Firefox and be happy.
Well, today, I did the hugest power cycle. I unplugged EVERYTHING, left it unplugged the whole day, and just turned it on now. No help, but it sped up my connection though.

I'm hesitating to reset my router cuz my phones are on there too. And, I can't find the reset button on my modem
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Last edited by Rancid Ivy at Oct 20, 2009,