This thread will encompass all of the wealthy knowlage stored across the net about functional mods you can do to your guitar so the noobs can stop makeing pointless threads.

Killswitch - Adding a momentary switch that kills the signal

High Pass mod - Basically keeps some more high end when lowering your guitars volume.

Blend Pot - As its name implies its a pot that blends pickups into one big crunchy munchy.

Phase Switching - When two pickups/coils are out of phase you only hear the difference in the sound between the them.

50s High Pass Mod - Basicaly a better version of the HPM. (Not as bright as the HPM)

Passive Treble Boost

Varitone - pages one and two - A pot with capacitors fitted on reducing certain frequencies thus changing your tone.
Jimmy Page Mod - The phase switching used in Jimmy Page's guitar/s.

Kaoss Pad - Made famos by Matthew Bellamy of the english band Muse , it involves the instalation of a Kaoss Pad's into your guitar , allowing you to control the KP and various midi devices.

Alot more to come tomorrow , Id also like any suggestions you guys might have , Im trying to compile a complete list of all electronic mods and or functional physical mods (ie. trem blocking).
Last edited by Kroaton at Oct 19, 2009,
Ummm....really? Check the central hub bro. This really wasn't needed.

If you wish for some information to be added to the hub, then PM Jim.

Thanks
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
The Central Hub is really badly structured and mostly links to the Ultimate threads , not individual mods and such.
As I said, if you want some other info added PM a mod.
Hell, you could have just gotten these added to the Ultimate Wiring Thread.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

I really dont see your point , as far as I can tell people dont really read the Wireing thread or Central Hub , else there would not be 50 threads a day asking on what that mod is , and how to do that and so on.
I just thought it would be nice and handy to have it all in one place with a decent description to what the mod does.
What do you think the point of those threads is?

To cut down on those threads.

If that isn't working what makes you think your small collection of wiring mods is going to?
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Quote by Kroaton
I really dont see your point , as far as I can tell people dont really read the Wireing thread or Central Hub , else there would not be 50 threads a day asking on what that mod is , and how to do that and so on.
I just thought it would be nice and handy to have it all in one place with a decent description to what the mod does.

Well see the thing is...

The Central Hub is essentially exactly what you're doing here, except executed better and more comprehensive. The threads you're referring to are posted by noobs who don't know how to use a search bar or check stickies before posting, even if this thread stays (which i'm almost certain it wont), there wont be any real change in the number of "How does i Wyer my Guiter ololol" threads.
You call the Central Hub comprehensive? Anyway , I dont want to waste my time here , so I will be waiting for a mod to PM me or something to know if theres any point to post more mods in this thread or not.
Quote by Kroaton
You call the Central Hub comprehensive? Anyway , I dont want to waste my time here , so I will be waiting for a mod to PM me or something to know if theres any point to post more mods in this thread or not.
1 - If you think the Central Hub is lacking, discuss with the mods before making threads like this. It's entirely possible they may want your input and efforts.

2 - No. If you wanna be part of the process, present YOUR ideas in a PM.
Then YOU initiate contact with the Mods.

Good luck
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.