Every (most) band has a problem of not being able to jam whenever they want due to restrictions such as parents don't want to be bothered by your beautiful music your death metal band writes, or your drummer doesn't want to move his set to another place.

Anyways, there's this thing out there called a "JamHub". You can check it out at www.jamhub.com if you want.

I'm not trying to solicit it or anything. In fact, I think just the opposite. If you look at it, I think it's basically a glorified mixer.

That being said, would a regular mixer be able to do essentially just the same thing? My band, aside from having our live gear, we have recording gear that's all digital basically. The other guitarist and I use a Line6 GuitarPort, so we need our computers (obviously) to record, or jam. The drummer just picked up an electronic drum kit for the same convenience of being able to play silently at any whim.

Does this sound achievable and might actually work to jam silently:

instrument >>> our own computer >>> software >>> headphones output on computer >>> mixer >>> headphones

Thanks for any and all help.
Quote by szekelymihai
well, this doesn't lower the volume of a snare (acoustic). correct me if i'm wrong

You're right, but as I said, he just picked up an electronic kit.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
A mixer would work OK, but you still need enough outs to run all your headphones. And you couldn't each listen to your own mix.
I would like to get some feedback on that Jamhub, a drummer buddy of mine has a sick electric set he practices on, and if we could all plug into something like the Jam hub, it might make jamming possible at his house.

Anyone use the jamhub?