As i should know better, i give advice to other users a bit so im wondering if i can get some back..

Decent valve amp, go on, up to £400, i need really good post rock cleans, and a pretty heavy distortion.

Kinda like the Fender VM, but maybe some other suggestions, also it probably will need to take pedals, as i have a few

Thanks in advance guys!
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Well are you going to be relying on your pedals for your heavy sound? Or the amp's OD?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Well are you going to be relying on your pedals for your heavy sound? Or the amp's OD?

Preferably the amps Distorted signal, as all my filth is fuzz aside from my turbo rat. would buy a keeley ds-1 or metal muff though, but no unnesecary costs would be lush.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

how heavy are we talking? and how many watts do you think youd need? like a practice amp or something you can gig with? (although you can always gig with a 15 watt tube amp if its miked)
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by marvelboy_04
how heavy are we talking? and how many watts do you think youd need? like a practice amp or something you can gig with? (although you can always gig with a 15 watt tube amp if its miked)

+1
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by marvelboy_04

I want headroom, Lots of it, and a decent distorted tone, so big watts is lovely.

TBH, the heaviest it gets is like devin townsends solo stuff, and he uses mesa, but some lush gain, not brootal gain, tbh my mate said he'll hook me up with a jcm 2000 stack for £450 so i'll probably get that, but this is just incase i miss out on alternatives. i mean ive tried laney vcs/acs, HRD's, Sound Citys, Peavey Classic's and the amp that got nearest to the tone i wanted was the fender vm, Which is a deluxe reverb like clean, and a mesa/rivera style gain, nice and smooth gain with lush sustain. However like i said, im just looking out for alternatives/bargains.
Quote by ZanasCross

do you want a head or a combo?

what is post-rock, anyway? off the top of my head, something like a valveking, maybe. might be worth waiting to see what those new marshalls are like, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well it looks like you already made your decision. Good luck getting that 2000, but keep playing that VM and see if you still like it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals