Anyway, Im in the market for a fuzz and a phaser. Fuzzwise, I want to be able to ace Muse/White Stripes/RHCP style Fuzz solos, as well as being able to do Gilbert/Hendrix style. Phase-wise, I wont be using it with clean, so I need something that goes well with overdrive. EVH-ish. Budget is 150 pounds for both.

Thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Last edited by alexdoabismo at Oct 19, 2009,
whats the difference between normal Phase 90, Phase 90 vintage script and Phase 90 EVH?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
If you want a great fuzz on the cheap, go with the big muff pi. However, i must say that i was playing around with the swollen pickle fuzz a few days back, and in terms of versatility and tone it kicks ass. Unfortunately, it's also $100 - $150 more, and I don't really know anything about phasers lol
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
RUSSIAN big muff pi
EVH Sig Phaser.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
whats is good online British guitar shop (sorta like guitar center/musicians friend) ?

thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
ok, searched both sites:

Thomann has an original Phase 90 for 75 and a Script Phase 90 for 85...which one is better? Also it has a Bigg Muff Pi for 58 pounds...far enough.

GAK has an original Phase 90 for 89 (!!) and a Script Phase 90 for 83 (wtf?)...once again, which one is more suited. In addition, its Big Muff Pi costs 66 (!!) and, it has a Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker for 57 (once again, wtf??)...which one is better?

Thomann seems to be the better choice...

Thanks you!

Also, both have a cheap Little Big Muff Pi, opinions?
Also, all these pedals will work with an US Power Supply right?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
I much prefer the script phase 90, it seems to get better reviews. As far as I know there's no difference between the big muff Pi and big muff with tonewicker apart from the addition of the tonewicker switch. The tonewicker will be much more versatile.
Really? So basically, the guys at GAK havent realised that theyre pricing their products wrong?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by forsaknazrael
GAK is UK based, Thomann is German based. That may have something to do with it.

And the Tone Wicker muffs have always cost less than their big brothers. No idea why.

Lol

Just for you guys to ahve a kick out of my misery, my entire order cost 150 pounds shipping included...that is circa 418 reais...here, my entire order wouldve cost 900 reais...circa 323 pounds!!!!
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by forsaknazrael
Oh yeah, you live in Brazil. So UK sites ship there? Interesting.

nope, friend is going to UK...

i wish ANY foreign website could ship here...
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by forsaknazrael
Haha. Hey, you guys have some cool stuff. I've seen some neat vintage Brazilian clones of famous pedals, and seen some sweet Brazilian high gain amps.

Yeah, but they are very expensive. Well, not all of it. If ou can understand any Portuguese (or Spanish), check out MG Effects Pedals and EFX Custom Effects. I would consider buying the fuzz from here, but I wont risk it with the quality.

The higher end ones are teh secks. Like, theres a reverb head with 5 preamp tubes, the best of whatnot...1000 reais (650 dollars)

The Handwired Amps are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to expensive...like, the least pricy one is R$ 3500 (circa USS 2100). Suposedly the best after the real thing, but I really dont know about that
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
The Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz is far better than any Big Muff on the market IMHO. Check it out.

Quote by alexdoabismo
whats the difference between normal Phase 90, Phase 90 vintage script and Phase 90 EVH?

Price... that's it really. Small stone > Phase 90 anyway.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments