Okay,

Right now i'm considering buying a Bugera 6262, however, I'm not sure if i should buy a combo version or buy the head along with a PPC212. How are the speakers in the combo? It would save me about £400 but then I would like a cab for the future. I mainly play modern rock stuff like:

-Foo Fighters
-Paramore
-Muse
-Biffly Clyro

and so on.......

Also, afterthought, would you rather have a 6262/PPC212 or a HT-5/PPC212 + TS9?
The combo is (I'm guessing) an open back cabinet, whereas the PPC is closed back. For your genres this really isn't a huge deal, but the low end will be tighter, and more clear with a closed back.

I would personally go with the 2x12 rather than the combo. Its much easier to separate your rig into the thing you need to protect from even the slightest bump, and the thing that can be dropped down stairs and only be cosmetically damaged. Obviously I try not to ding my Avatar cab when moving it, but I don't have to baby it like I do the head.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
^+1

If you are gigging, the Bugera 6262 will be fine. If you are only using the amp for home use, the Blackstar will be more ideal. But you could still prefer the tone of the Bugera even at low volumes, so it's entirely preferential.

edit: to save some money, you could get a Framus Dragon 2x12, instead of the Orange.
Go with the 6262 and PCP212. you will be set for anytime after if you want to upgrade the head and still have an amazing cab.
Quote by AngryGoldfish

edit: to save some money, you could get a Framus Dragon 2x12, instead of the Orange.

Is that the thing listed as the "FRAMUS FR212" on Thomann? And if so, much difference in voicing? and yeah hopefully this rig will be gigged a fair bit once I get more steady people to play with.
Either get the Framus or the Harley Benton G212V. The Orange PPC212 is the most ridiculously overpriced cab I've saw. You'd think they were making it from Faberge Eggs and a grillcloth made of Saffron and Silk.
Quote by willT08
Is that the thing listed as the "FRAMUS FR212" on Thomann? And if so, much difference in voicing? and yeah hopefully this rig will be gigged a fair bit once I get more steady people to play with.
Indeed, that is the one.

The sound should essentially be the same. I believe they are both closed-back, made from similar material, and house the same speaker types - Vintage 30's.

The Blackstar will not be able to cope with a gig, unfortunately.

I've seen how Orange cabs are made... I don't trust them for that money. You could have one hand-made by Matamp for roughly the same price.
Hey, considering i've just effectively saved ~£200 on a Cab which is essentially the same, I don't fancy heading back up the scale. Plus that free's up money to spend on my guitar which is nice.
6262 and a 212 cab is a awesome set-up.

i am about to order a 212 avatar w/ 1 v30 and 1 k100 and a 333xl.

tough call between the 2 heads but having a nice cab will open up alotta amp options to you. a combo will always be a combo. go with head and cab
What websites should I be looking at to buy this? Like, a UK equivalent of MusiciansFriend?
Don't use those sites. Check out www.thomann.de . Click on the Union flag on the welcome screen and it will take you to their UK online store. They are a German website who ship Europe wide and a lot of their stuff is cheaper or competitively priced compared to shops in the UK. They are very good with fast shipping, and orders over £200 have free delivery I'm sure. This is the site where you can get the Framus cab from. Dolphin and GAK are just run of the mill overpriced (as usual) UK businesses.