A few months ago I got me one of these:

yes, I am a lefty lol. Has anyone else got one? or at least another acrylic? I think it's pretty sweet, although I had to order it from America (it subsequently came broke, but the dudes who sold it gave me $100 to repair it, so thats not bad), since all I own is a Squier and an acoustic, I can only compare it to guitars I've played in stores and to be honest, its actually very good, the tone is gorgeous and very full, very Gibson esque! goes out of tune sometimes though... but I don't know whether thats to do with the acrylic or not.

Anyone else got an acrylic, or a Galveston?
Played an acrylic Warlock once. The tone could never stand up to a mahogany body IMO...
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Looks pretty sweet tbh, but first thing I would do is put EMGs in it, and never record with it. Strictly stage guitar...
aye, I wanted something with humbuckers and 22 frets, I just thought what the hell and got the wildest guitar I could in the price range. The buckers are pretty sweet actually! they're their own brand and are very full and fat sounding. I wanted it to play more metal and have more sustain than my squier and it does, but it also sounds fantastic clean too!
Quote by JagerSlushy
Played an acrylic Warlock once. The tone could never stand up to a mahogany body IMO...

Mahogany is overrated, Elm wood not infected with Dutch elm disease is where it's at
I have played a lot of the later acrylic guitars and they are OK but pretty heavy and lack in sound. Back in the day I owned a few Dan Armstrong guitars. Ampeg actually has re-released them and I got to play one and it was decent. As far as tone goes you can't beat wood IMO.

I don't know how good Galveston acrylic are, the regular guitars they make I have tried were not all that great. They were OK but nothing special.

As long as you like it that is all that counts. I always get grief from friends about some of my guitars because they are not huge expensive brand name guitars.

John
Quote by JagStang5246
Looks pretty sweet tbh, but first thing I would do is put EMGs in it, and never record with it. Strictly stage guitar...

if a pick up needs a battery it has no place in a guitar! haha.

eectric guitar company made brent hinds a pretty sweet looking acrylic V. looked cool. not a big fan of them, but some arent bad looking.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
I must say that the body looks fairly small to me.... :/

For the rest, the only acryllic model guitar I've liked so far was a JEM....
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
I have no acrylic guitars but I have a Galveston bass and it is wonderful.
Quote by Slicer666
I must say that the body looks fairly small to me.... :/

For the rest, the only acryllic model guitar I've liked so far was a JEM....

nah, the picture is decieving, it is a full size V lol, its based on the gibson flying V
I played a telecaster-shaped acrylic Galveston once. Heaviest guitar I have EVER played.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come