Hey,

I'm looking to throw some locking tuners on my guitar over Christmas before I start any serious gigging (plus, staying in tune for more than one song is always nice) but I have no idea what I ought to be looking at. I own a Vintage VS6 which is an SG copy so 3L/3R deal going on. Would love to keep it below £50 but am willing to stretch up to about £80 at a push. Fire out suggestions for me.

p.s. Preferably in black. Can't stand this wierd green colour my tuners are now.
Sperzels idk how much in UK but theyre the equivalent of like £35 here. can't imagine theyd be THAT much more across the pond. Plus you can get them in just about any color you want.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Are sperzel's the one's that require me drilling into my Headstock. If so i'd rather try something else. Not a big fan of drilling and cutting, more straight out-straight in work.
In that case look at grovers, they are also quite sexy and inexpensive. A little less color choice though, but that shouldn't be an issue since you want black anyway.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Have a look on WD Music, let me know what you like, 20% off...sorted.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Oct 20, 2009,
It has come to my attention the following thing. You said, it is always nice to stay in tune for more than one song:

What guitar do you have?
Do you use the tremolo a lot?

Because, in all of my guitars except my fender MIA, I have cheap tuners, and Ive never had issues with tuning. I mean I buy korean hardware for my guitars, and Ive never had tuning issues, I can even abuse the whammy on my strat knock of.

So either your tuners are really really crap, and you really dont need locking tuners so you can save the hassle of drilling new wholes, you can just by regular set of good tuners, that should do.

The other is you over use your bar a lot, which by the way you talk it doesnt seem as though. My recomendation, buy some normal good quality tuners.
Quote by divinorum69
It has come to my attention the following thing. You said, it is always nice to stay in tune for more than one song:

What guitar do you have?
Do you use the tremolo a lot?

Because, in all of my guitars except my fender MIA, I have cheap tuners, and Ive never had issues with tuning. I mean I buy korean hardware for my guitars, and Ive never had tuning issues, I can even abuse the whammy on my strat knock of.

So either your tuners are really really crap, and you really dont need locking tuners so you can save the hassle of drilling new wholes, you can just by regular set of good tuners, that should do.

The other is you over use your bar a lot, which by the way you talk it doesnt seem as though. My recomendation, buy some normal good quality tuners.

while you are right, why would you prefer normal good quality tuners instead of awesome great quality tuners?