How is the C-1 Classic for metal? I've heard some people say it gives a great metal tone, while others say it should be used more for jazz/blues and lighter distortions and not crazy distortion.

Anyone have any opinions on whether it is good for metal or not? Cuz I really like the look of the guitar, but I'll probably be mostly playing metal on it, but not always, so the guitar must be fairly versatile.
My babies:
-Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
New amp will come with new guitar, so any opinions on the guitar itself?
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
i have the c-1 classic *just got it like 2 weeks ago* and I think it sounds fine for metal. but it also sounds really good with jazz and cleans, so you get the best of both worlds. definitally get a better amp though, spiders sucks xD
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Yeah, not turning this into a spider debate, but I find that they're a suitable beginner amp, not great not bad, but like all things beginner, they need to go eventually

But back to metal tones, of course
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
new amp first. but if u plan on getting the amp right after guitar then its alright. it should do metal alright with a good amp. but if u want a more "metal-suited" guitar, get one of the blackjack atx series. but if u really like the look of the classic, pup swap is always an option. good luck!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
that classic is beautiful. id be forever happy with any of the three finishes but id probably go with the blue. im still deciding if its going to be my next guitar. i hear the necks on schecters are a little thicker than what im used to. my ax is the PERFECT thickness, its not super thin like an ibanez but still small enough. im sure if the c1 classic was the only think i played for a month, id get used to it.

what finish are you getting it in? you better post some mad photos once/if you get it.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

It can do metal-the JB isn't exactly a low output jazz humbucker or something. Admittedly, it's kinda loose, but if you swap the alnico V magnet in it for a ceramic one, you have a pickup known as the Duncan Distortion-a REALLY good metal pickup.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'm sure it would be great at metal, it has the same pickups as my jackson, which can easily pull off Lamb of God style metal so you should be fine. If you're going to be using it for only metal, I'd recommend something else, however if you play a wide range of music from blues to death metal to rock, you should be very happy with it.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
I was gunna ask the same question
guess ts asked for me well done
i don't mean to hijack this thread but what would be a good amp to accompany the c1 classic for metal?like a peavey vypyr or something?
I'm sure me and the ts would like to know
Quote by kyle100
I'm sure it would be great at metal, it has the same pickups as my jackson, which can easily pull off Lamb of God style metal so you should be fine. If you're going to be using it for only metal, I'd recommend something else, however if you play a wide range of music from blues to death metal to rock, you should be very happy with it.

haha well lamb of god do use the jb but anything is gunna sould good tru a mesa bogie amp
Quote by metalheadblues
I was gunna ask the same question
guess ts asked for me well done
i don't mean to hijack this thread but what would be a good amp to accompany the c1 classic for metal?like a peavey vypyr or something?
I'm sure me and the ts would like to know

I'm certain that's something the TS would love to know
Anyone got suggestions for a good accompaning (?)
amp?
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
I have a C-1 Plus... close to a Classic... I put a Seymour Duncan SH-6 in the Bridge and am looking for a good Neck pickup... thinking Pearly Gates because I don't use it that much for anything heavier than Metallica type stuff and cleans.

And get the amp first, you'll be happier.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
the JB is great for anything, but you might want to switch out the Jazz depending on what you play, its mostly for cleans.