Page 1 of 4
There are dozens of 'types' of guitarists - each one hated by different people - whether it be the 'can't play for crap but thinks he can' guitarist, the 'shredder', the 'covers only' guitarist... What's yours?

Personally, I hate the 'party' guitarist - the one who stops whatever music's playing, picks up a guitar, and begins to play drivel in order to impress everyone. It's even worse when no one takes notice of them, so they begin to sing and strum as loud as they can so no one else can have a decent conversation.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
I hate you, too.

The ones that are more interested in guitars than songs.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
The ones who spend to much time talking about guitar then actually playing it. Wait...that includes me and all of you
The ones that think volume wars are something that you should try to win.
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
Quote by Gargantuan
People who must take it with them everywhere, like to school or McDonald's

Ooooh, good one!

People who can't sing but try.

Also, the people I know who are "self-taught" (i.e., garbage) who just annoy me with their bad playing.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
The party guitarists, mos def. There's this one kid who comes to school and just plays Heart of Gold the whole period, really loud. I wanna kick him right square in the balls.
the copy cat guitarist. ie the one who thinks someone they know/ famous guitarist is the the greatest person to ever live and must try there best to emulate every aspect of that person.
The ones that use a lot of effects to make up for their shit playing...wait that's me
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Smelly, hippie-esque folk guitarists. Oh, look, I know 3 chords already. Let's bore everyone to tears with obnoxious strumming and lyrics on topics ranging from nature and mountain hikes to how soft some girl's hair is, like anyone gives a damn.
Cheesy shredders.
Generic Rockers.

Jazz guitarists, alot come of as so pretentious....although i can't help but have a large amount of respect for them.
The ones who don't play jazz.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The kind that tells you that they can play songs they cant, the ones that want everyone to think theyre really good by showing off everything they have, except thier "skills", and the ones who think that better equipment than you will make them better than you.
the copy cat guitarist.
i.e., the one who thinks someone they know/ famous guitarist is the the greatest person to ever live and must try there best to emulate every aspect of that person.
Quote by blackthought
All of them.

This. But lately I've noticed that I kind of hate most people before I get to know them. But especially guitarists.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I hate all guitarists who aren't Robert Quine.

*-)
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Hey i wanna play Jazz.

Me too.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The ones who always go on about emotions, like if you don't use them in your playing you suck, which I believe is an insult to robot guitarists everywhere.
Quote by reb_49
The ones that use a lot of effects to make up for their shit playing...wait that's me

omar lopez?
=|
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
People who can't sing but try.

Also, the people I know who are "self-taught" (i.e., garbage) who just annoy me with their bad playing.

I'm guessing you just mean the self-taught guitarists that you know, and not all in general?

Personally I dislike close-minded guitarists, who refuse to venture into any other genre just because they only want to play <Insert genre here>.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I hate the 'me' guitarist. Because I should be practicing, but instead am trying to write a college application, but rather I'm on the internet procrastinating. As a result, I get nothing done. It saddens me.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by werty22
This. But lately I've noticed that I kind of hate most people before I get to know them. But especially guitarists.

Most people aren't worth getting to know. Especially guitarists.

Which is why I never openly flaunt the fact that I play guitar. I don't want to attract guitarists... >_>
Quote by jakruem
The cover guitarist...make your own shit up damn it.

Um..why? Not everyone has to be a composer or writer. I don't know why guitarists have this mindset...it's the reason why there are so much inane shred music. Performance is an art in itself. If a cover guitarist can cover well, that's admirable.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
people that think cuz they can play [insert classic rock song that everyone that's ever picked up a guitar can play] that they are god
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by Mad Marius
Smelly, hippie-esque folk guitarists. Oh, look, I know 3 chords already. Let's bore everyone to tears with obnoxious strumming and lyrics on topics ranging from nature and mountain hikes to how soft some girl's hair is, like anyone gives a damn.

The Indie musicians shall unite and end you!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by lespaul1216
people that think cuz they can play [insert classic rock song that everyone that's ever picked up a guitar can play] that they are god

Would you rather everyone have poor self esteem, and never get anywhere because "they suck".
Quote by neidnarb11890
Most people aren't worth getting to know. Especially guitarists.

Which is why I never openly flaunt the fact that I play guitar. I don't want to attract guitarists... >_>

specialy the geeky type that thing there all cool now just cuz they know how to play the most generic instrument in the world just like everyother little boy in his room then brags about his ability to play the latest fob song
Quote by Spartan070sarge

The Indie musicians shall unite and end you!

They can't. They're pussies.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by jbswreckfest
indie elitists

them them them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEM!
THEMMMM!
THMOOOOOMMMM!
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Page 1 of 4