i would like all your combined worldly knowledge of pickups.

i was thinking of buying a Seymour Duncan Distortion SH-6b to get some heavy tones out of my guitar as mine are still stranded. i also want a sort of classic rock sound to play, e.g. Velvet revolver, and was thinking of putting a Seymour Duncan Alnico pro II in the neck. Do you think this combo would work well together ?

Thank you.
Duane.
if you're trying to get slash's tone just put a set of seymour duncan alnico pro II in the bridge and neck of a les paul and you're done
What kind of amp?
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
Duncan Distortion rocks. Lots of headroom. Heavy ass distortion. Does all kinds of rock well. In the neck, you should get something higher output than an alnico II to match the bridge. Like a 59 maybe. I have a dimarzio super distortion in the neck and it works really nicely.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
What guitar AND what kind of amp.

the Alnico Pro II is a very picky pickup. If your gear or technique sounds bad, the Alnico Pro II will just make your tone sound bad.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Amp at the moment i have a Marshall MG30, but thinking of getting a Valve Jr soon,. Guitar is a Epiphone Les Paul Custom.
Two things. Get Irongear pups. The money you save will go towards that better amp.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x