I'm looking for a new amp. I want something that'll be good for hard rock and metal (Randy Rhoads, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden ect.), and it needs to be a tube amp. I don't want an amp with a million on board digital effects thrown into it. Just a nice tube amp for hard rock and metal. I have a BOSS DS-1 Distortion pedal that I'll be using with it. Price ranging from $100-$400. I need suggestions.

Also have some pickup questions:

1. Whats more important towards getting the tone I want? The pickups or the amp? (What should I get first? New pickups or a new amp?)

2. Would a place like Guitar Center swap out the old pickups and put in the new ones for me?

Thanks.
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
Quote by blue_strat
1. New amp first.

Any amp suggestions?
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
You should look at Peavey's valveking... Run that with an MXR Distortion+... it'll be great with your Jackson!
My suggestion would be to stick it out with your current amp and keep saving until you can pick up a used JCM800 or JCM900.

The Peavey Vyper is a good practice amp, and I'd use it till I got a significant upgrade for hardrock and metal that you can get in the $600 - $800 range.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS