the recent trade I had hoped for regarding my Marshall for a Mesa F-50 didnt work out, as the guy decided he wanted my Marshall PLUS $300 for his 1x12 combo..psshtt..

but, a guy on Harmony Central is giving me his excellent condition Peavey XXX + $150 for my Marshall.

I basically got the DSL for $500, so just wondering if this is a decent deal. I AM looking for an American voiced, versatile amp...and the XXX vids ive seen show it to be a real contender.

I'm also curious as to what my Marshall will cost to ship..as me and this guy both agreed to pay own shipping cost.

Im guesstimating $50-60?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
That's a pretty OK deal. I'd take more cash if I were you though. I mean for you, it's good, but you got your amp pretty cheap. He could offer more than that IMO. shipping would be pretty expensive as tube amps are pretty heavy. Under $100 for sure though.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
That's a pretty OK deal. I'd take more cash if I were you though. I mean for you, it's good, but you got your amp pretty cheap. He could offer more than that IMO. shipping would be pretty expensive as tube amps are pretty heavy. Under $100 for sure though.

well, im the one who actually suggested $150. I may see if he could do $200

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
no wonder he said yes. That's a pretty good deal for him. i think the xxx goes for like 500-650 in the used market and the dsl 100 goes for like 750-1000. i see dsl's for 1000 all the time. the xxx is a great amp though. For me, I like rectos much better, but the xxx is modeled after it and is pretty good, and the rectos are worth like double to triple.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
no wonder he said yes. That's a pretty good deal for him. i think the xxx goes for like 500-650 in the used market and the dsl 100 goes for like 750-1000. i see dsl's for 1000 all the time. the xxx is a great amp though. For me, I like rectos much better, but the xxx is modeled after it and is pretty good, and the rectos are worth like double to triple.

ya, but I got such a good deal on the Marshall, that im not that worried about lossing out a bit. Plus, most DSLs i see on my craigslist go for like $700-800

ANDDDD....i have a new buyer who is giving me $200 and letting me keep my KT77 tubes (that i paid $115 for!), so thats a bit nice.

im pretty happy with that deal ^^

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
for another xxx? That's nice. I actually said it was a good dealf or you because you paid so little.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
for another xxx? That's nice. I actually said it was a good dealf or you because you paid so little.

ya man, another guy with a XXX head. He seems like a pretty straight up guy too, so I think it'll work smoothly.

Im pretty sure i'll be able to get the tone im looking for with the XXX and my mxr eq pedal.

then ill have $200 to buy new stuff

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
yeah nice. hope the thing works out well for you.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I'm not a big fan of the DSLs so I'd take the Triple X in a heart beat. You should be able to get some shipping estimates off fedex.com no?

You can also use the link in my sig to look up used gear prices.

Good luck
I just paid $43 via FedEx to ship my 6100 and it weighs more than a DSL. Print your label out online and estimate the weight low, if they think it weighs more, they'll weigh it themselves and change it, but if not, you get shipping for a lot cheaper

Not a fan of the XXX and I see them quite frequently for ~$400
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com