Im considering buying 1 or both of the following:

RG1527
RG1550

They seem pretty good to me but if anyone knows of any problems with them tell me before I buy them. I play metal, punk/harcore and everything in between
I like the maple fretboard on the 1550 and I don't really need a 7 so I would get the 1550. What amp do you have
Blue Red Yellow Green
1550 is a great guitar that will serve well for for at least a few decades if you take care of it.

Good bridge, good neck, kinda meh pickups. But that seems to be the case with most OEM humbuckers these days.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by the*matt
Im considering buying 1 or both of the following:

RG1527
RG1550

They seem pretty good to me but if anyone knows of any problems with them tell me before I buy them. I play metal, punk/harcore and everything in between

Well one is a 6 string while another is a 7 string, also the 1527 is a H/H set up while the 1550 is a H/S/H. I think you'll be able to get away playing your music on the 1527 but you can't deny how sexy a maple fretboard looks. Actually screw it buy both.
My amp is just a crappy line 6 spider but im going to upgrade once I have purchased the new guitar(s).
Well we need yo know what amp you have because if you buy a good guitar with a bad amp your tones not gonna be much better

Edit: well I woulg split some of the money and get a good amp and a medium ranged priced guitar
Blue Red Yellow Green
Last edited by FOYSTA at Oct 19, 2009,
Its not the tone Im interested in at the moment. I have a good les paul which is obviously a fixed bridge and I wanted something with a decent trem and also the 7 string so I have more options. Once I am am satisfied with my guitars I will find an amp that works well with all of them
Quote by the*matt
Its not the tone Im interested in at the moment. I have a good les paul which is obviously a fixed bridge and I wanted something with a decent trem and also the 7 string so I have more options. Once I am am satisfied with my guitars I will find an amp that works well with all of them

Why arnt you worried about your tone! Trust me you need a btter amp before you get another guitar
Blue Red Yellow Green
I am worried about my tone but my amp at the moment is really good for heavy stuff. It just sucks for clean tone. It sounds like I may as well just get the seven string for now, but I have no idea about what amp to get
Quote by FOYSTA
Why arnt you worried about your tone! Trust me you need a btter amp before you get another guitar

Not really...its not always about the tone. If you need something else, and your current guitar doesnt offer it, then its not fun to play. I'd pick an amazing guitar over an amazing amp any day of the week.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
Not really...its not always about the tone. If you need something else, and your current guitar doesnt offer it, then its not fun to play. I'd pick an amazing guitar over an amazing amp any day of the week.

You've definitely got a point there. Everyone always says spend loads on an amp and only about 10% of your budget on a guitar. Well if you've got a mesa boogie and a squier strat it's still going to sound like shit and be boring as hell to play. If you're a bedroom rocker, you really only need a 300-600 dollar amp and then I'd spend everything else on guitars just for fun.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
i love the new RG1550's. they look amazing. ESPECIALLY the blue model. i thought about replacing my RG570 with one, or just having two floating trem guitars. decided not to, but it's still one badass looking piece of quality japanese made guitar.

and, if you've never used a 7 string before i wouldn't invest that much into one. what if you find out you absolutely can't stand a 7 string? you should start with a cheaper 7 and move up to the RG1527 i think.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip