I am looking into buying a new amp because when I brought my current amp to band practice today it started distorting around 5. It's only a little practice amp though its an acoustic B10 and it obviously wasn't going to hold up against 3 guitarists and a drummer. So I was looking into buying a Little Markbass 250 and ethier a
GK Neo112-II or deciding to save a few bucks and go for a GK Goldline 2x10. I like to have a tighter low I use modulus and spector and I also have an offboard EQ that I could use if I have too. If somebody would like to change what I would like to buy than please go for it. Price Ranger would be 800 dollars at MAX, would much rather have a combo if you could name one for me that would get over a drummer and a few guitars. If there is anything else I'm forgetting please tell me because it feels to me like there is, so just ask and I will fill in the empty info. THANKTA YA....
Quote by Double Basser
there is no simple instrument, only simple minds
I would stay away from the lower range GK gear if i were you. The quality of them is said to be pretty crappy. Also, if you are looking for good low end, may i suggest getting a 1x15 now, then adding a 2x10, 4x10 or whatever afterwards.

Also, if you plan on doing gigs, you might want to get something a little more powerful than 250 watts. Maybe something up around 400 would be better suited, but if its just for practice, 250 will be more than fine.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-C115300-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=485032 (Used Version)

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Bassman-250115-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=480873

Combo amps however, dont really allow for much chopping and changing within your rig, so if you plan on adding cabinets and the like, a head and a cab would much more versatile
Thank you for the help, I was worried about the wattage of the amps during gigs. I have decided to save up for the little mark III it says that is 300W at 8ohm and 500W at 4ohm. I also found a genz-benz bass cab on craigslist, its a 2x12, and 4ohm. The model is not listed but I might call to find out the model if anybody else response and says a genz-benz cab is a good idea.
Quote by Double Basser
there is no simple instrument, only simple minds
The GK Neo series should serve you well but steer clear of Goldline stuff.
Quote by Lazenby
Thank you for the help, I was worried about the wattage of the amps during gigs. I have decided to save up for the little mark III it says that is 300W at 8ohm and 500W at 4ohm. I also found a genz-benz bass cab on craigslist, its a 2x12, and 4ohm. The model is not listed but I might call to find out the model if anybody else response and says a genz-benz cab is a good idea.

I'd be getting an 8 ohm 115 then adding another 8 ohm 410 later on down the track if I were you. Better low end and with a 4ohm 212 you probably couldn't add another cabinet later.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think