"consolers of the lonely" has not left my cd changer in a longgg time.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by travd92
"consolers of the lonely" has not left my cd changer in a longgg time.

Great album. Jack white pwns.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Been listening to his new band "The Dead Weather"'s album loads recently, not exactly blues, but some great stuff on that.
Anything with Jack White on it seems to have that innovative, yet traditional feel to it.
De Stijl is such a bluesy-awesome album. Sister, Little Bird, Death Letter. Wow.

Not slide and not on De Stijl, but Ball and Biscuit is amazing.
I love Jack for what he does with the Blues. He doesn't copy anyone, he makes it his own. I respect the shit outta that.
Quote by Zoot Allures
The mans an awesome musician. Reminds me a lot of hendrix in his playing sometimes too and i love the white stripes version of 'death letter'

like hendrix? how? i dont see the similarities, but i do love me some jack white. i've always wished he just make one pure nothing but blues album. that would be awesome.
This threads kinda old, but i think this is the best place to put it, what is everybodies opinion of this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArS_et9gX-0&feature=related

I think the general vibe is absolutely amazing and his voice on it is great, but some people i have talked to seem to have an opinion that is drastically different
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

caution: This sig employs the use of symbolism beyond "lol bright colours=flamboyantly gay
"
He's got some awesome blues and blues-influenced playing. He is like a non douchey, DIY Jimmy Page.
I don't really like him. He is a very original guitarist and songwriter, but he is so sloppy that I cannot appreciate his music.

By the way, the white stripes made me realise how important a bassist is in a band... They shoud really get one.
Quote by White Strat
I don't really like him. He is a very original guitarist and songwriter, but he is so sloppy that I cannot appreciate his music.

By the way, the white stripes made me realise how important a bassist is in a band... They shoud really get one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luwp5iZD8wQ

That's all I have to say about that...
love his work with the raconteurs, and some of the white stripes stuff, I think he's a good singer and good with riffs, (he's no Dan Auerbach though)
>_>
<_<

Quote by due 07
He's got some awesome blues and blues-influenced playing. He is like a non douchey, DIY Jimmy Page.

not to be a douche, but JP was pretty DIY himself... after all JP assembled zeppelin, produced all zeppelin records, and recorded and mixed 3 of them himself, and founded the record label that released the last 4 zeppelin albums
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by White Strat

What you've got to understand, though, is that the sloppiness of his playing is part of the music. It's supposed to have such a loose, uncontrollable vibe, that the sloppiness contributes to it. If you don't like that style, that's one thing. But you should realize that he's not doing that because he's a bad guitarist.

Possibly my favorite live Jack White performance was at Lollapalooza 2008, and during the intro to Steady As She Goes, he started playing Eruption by Van Halen. He started doing the tapping perfectly, sounded just like Eddie, until Brendan Benson gave him a glare, and White apologized. He didn't do it to cover him, exactly, more of him showing he could do that kind of stuff and just chose not to. Really giving the finger to that style of music.

That said, I realize that his style isn't for everyone. Me personally? I love it.
Quote by LordBaxtus
What you've got to understand, though, is that the sloppiness of his playing is part of the music. It's supposed to have such a loose, uncontrollable vibe, that the sloppiness contributes to it. If you don't like that style, that's one thing. But you should realize that he's not doing that because he's a bad guitarist.

Possibly my favorite live Jack White performance was at Lollapalooza 2008, and during the intro to Steady As She Goes, he started playing Eruption by Van Halen. He started doing the tapping perfectly, sounded just like Eddie, until Brendan Benson gave him a glare, and White apologized. He didn't do it to cover him, exactly, more of him showing he could do that kind of stuff and just chose not to. Really giving the finger to that style of music.

That said, I realize that his style isn't for everyone. Me personally? I love it.

that is great, I just can't see Jack White playing eruption, that is such a bizarre thing
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98
love his work with the raconteurs, and some of the white stripes stuff, I think he's a good singer and good with riffs, (he's no Dan Auerbach though)
>_>
<_<

not to be a douche, but JP was pretty DIY himself... after all JP assembled zeppelin, produced all zeppelin records, and recorded and mixed 3 of them himself, and founded the record label that released the last 4 zeppelin albums

Yeah, he just had to steal the idea from Jeff Beck.

And Jack White playing Eruption?
Win.
I would love to see that clip - someone must have it on youtube?
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Quote by LordBaxtus

Allright I'll check that out. I've got nothing against sloppyness. Jimmy Page was also very sloppy but his sound really fit into Led Zeppelin. However, when I listen to Jack White, I cannot hear anything but noise. This may be due to the fact that he doesn't have a bassist to back him up, that could cover a bit of his mistakes or because of his drummer who isn't really as agressive as him. But some people like it, some people don't, I don't have a problem with that.
Quote by JilaX^
Yeah, he just had to steal the idea from Jeff Beck.

source?
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Got into the White Stripes recently, and they're amazing. Jack is a modern day blues guitar god as far as I'm concerned, SO unconventional and fresh with his approach to blues.

The Dead Weather rock as well.
Quote by Moggan13
Can i please make sweet, sweet many love to you?
Last edited by Voodoo Chile at Jan 2, 2010,
Quote by ze monsta
I thought The Dead Weather was utter shite...and I'm a Jack fanboy and in love with Alison Mosshart...

me too, honestly, "supergroups" are usually really average sounding
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

I thought The Dead Weather was utter shite...and I'm a Jack fanboy and in love with Alison Mosshart...

I did until i saw them in leeds, an they blew me away. I dont like their album but they're an epic live band