I play guitar every week in a church, and my rig has just consisted of me going from the guitar into the effects board (Digitech RP1000), and then straight into the board (obviously through a panel on the stage) through a direct box and an XLR.

I want to start using my amp and mic'ing it. The amp will have to go in another room (storage room) so that the door can be closed, and then it will be mic'ed from there and fed into the board.

My problem is that my amp will be about 50 feet away. That means that I would have to run a cable from the effects board to the amp, which would be 50 feet long.

Is this logical? Seems to me that I would get some sound loss with a cable that big. Does anyone know of any other options? I can buy a wireless system, but can you take your effects signal and run it through the wireless? I've always seen guitar->wireless->effects->amp. I can't do that because I need access to my effects board.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Why does it have to be another room? you could use your own amp as a monitor.

Anyways, there could be signal loss/noise with a huge cable like that. A solution could be to use like a line driver or something
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
it needs to be in the next room because it is a 60 watt tube amp, and if i have that thing on stage, it would be insanely loud. plus, i sit next to other instrumentalists on stage, and i doubt they would like to have my amp blaring at them.

so what is a line driver?
Your choice is either a $600+ wireless system or a 50 ft cable + a line booster (MXR micro boost, BBE boosta grande, EHX LBP-1, etc.)

The line booster/line driver amplifies the signal a bit more so tone loss isn't so prevalent and you have a stronger signal. These pedals are fairly cheap too.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
yeah and you use them also with non-TB pedals
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
so i brought this up with a guy at work, and he had a good idea.

what about XLR cables? my RP1000 has XLR outputs anyway, and you can run an XLR cable a long, long distance without losing quality. i could just get a 50 foot XLR, and put an XLR-to-1/4" converter on the end.

is there anything wrong with that? the balanced XLR should mean that i won't have any sound degredation.