Depends on how high the price gets. I'd pay at max $300 personally.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
oh man, that all depends on rather or not u will be able to reconstruct it. if u dont usually do this kindof stuff, a les paul is definately not a good start. but if u no sum1 or have the exp., go for it!
No. If you want a project guitar, get one of UG's luthiers to make you one to your specs with a much better piece of wood with whatever finish you want, or Warmoth it, it'll be a better value either way. You could have LP_Addict or another of the gentlemen make a you a set-neck single-cut mahogany body if you like that and dress it up from there.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Last edited by Pretty. Odd. at Oct 19, 2009,
Well, it looks like the neck and body are still 1 piece, so all it needs is to be wired with new pups/pots, and throw some grovers on, buy a stop-tail, strings and set-up. Good to go, right?
I'm actually with Pretty. Odd. on this one. If you want to do a guitar-build then why not go that one extra step and have something custom made? Even if you do just get a Les Paul shaped guitar. Having a custom color/finish would be worth the extra bit of money.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Jcroom
Well, it looks like the neck and body are still 1 piece, so all it needs is to be wired with new pups/pots, and throw some grovers on, buy a stop-tail, strings and set-up. Good to go, right?

Yup, and strap thingbobs and a toggle. Looks worth it to me if it doesn't do high.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

Alpine White LP Studio? I'm pretty sure I could find one in the neighborhood of $1000.

Edit: Found it, GC, new for $1300. More expensive than I thought but still.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Last edited by Guitar2theface at Oct 19, 2009,
Quote by Jcroom
I'm already buying this guitar:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1213975&page=2&pp=20

I just thought that this i a teal for an Alpine White LP, they're usually upward of 2500.00$
And you realize those are Standards and Customs and this is a Studio? They do sound different. If you want a Les Paul for the sake of having one, why not, but if you're looking for quality you can do better for your money. This guitar would be worth $300 to me new with hardware, much less stripped. On the other hand, for the list price of that thing, I could Warmoth my dream guitar, absolutely perfect with a pair of Bareknuckle Nailbombs.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Last edited by Pretty. Odd. at Oct 19, 2009,
You are exactly right Pretty. Odd. I just realized the studio...I'm freaking exhausted and my mind somehow crossed studio with standard....making this a completely pointless thread