Grr still having a problem powering this little sucker other than using a battery. In the instruction manual it says the following:

Important Safety Note: Even though the pedal can be powered using a standard power supply, the internal polarity is reversed since the germanium transistors require a negative supply voltage. This means that you cannot use the same power supply to power normal pedals as well. You will most probably damage or burn out your power supply if you do this. If you want to be safe, only use batteries with the Neo Fuzz.

I'm really keen to use a power supply because the battery life is shocking. So I grabbed one of the leads to my power supply (Artec Power Brick) and split it in half and reversed the wires, welded it back, plugged it in and it still won't work. What can I possibly do to get this damn thing working?
Interviewer: You've said jamming is like having an orgasm.
Neil Young: That's why a lot of my instrumentals are too short!

Fender 1988 68'reissue strat
Orange TT Head
Epi Valve Jr cab
+ many pedals (and many more to come)
Maybe you should see if you can find an adapter with reverse polarity? Scope out RadioShack. Just make sure that the mA match, or that the power supply can handle more than what the pedal puts out.

And, of course, that it's a 9v adapter.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Oct 19, 2009,
http://www.wwbw.com/Godlyke-Power-All-System-Reverse-Polarity-Jumper-Cable-331507-i1128485.wwbw Is this likely to work if I attach it to a cable from my power brick because I thought switching the wires would essentially do the same thing?

Orange TT Head
Epi Valve Jr cab
Other thread answers are from, I would dare to guess, persons knowing what is reverse-polarity meaning and what it applies to eh ?

Reverse polarity vs what kind of pedal ? Most pedals run on a negative center adaptor jack, but who knows if that's they were referring to. Take the pedal to a tech, he'll tell you in less than 10 minutes what kind of adaptor to look out for, and will probably do it for free if they're working in a shop that sells some. If they sell the reverse polarity adaptor for a premium, just buy an ordinary one & cut the wires going to the jack, switch em out to reverse the jack's polarity & solder it/use marrets (or whatever's that little plastic thing to stick 2 wires together is called).
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Cheers, I have already tried reversing the wires with marrets and it doesn't seem to work. The thing I'm worried about is "This means that you cannot use the same power supply to power normal pedals as well". Would I need to find a seperate wall power supply and switch the wires on that?

Orange TT Head
Epi Valve Jr cab
Alright that's good then. Wonder why it isn't working when I have switched over the wires though

Orange TT Head
Epi Valve Jr cab