Hey I've recently deceided its time for a new amp, I'm looking for a halfstack, I'm a Fairly good player and am a straight up metal head. I have a solid state madison prophecy head and a randall cab, that i love, but now I want a full tube head. I play Metal and only metal. I don't like much mid range and i do like sizzle at the top end. I'm in a Area where there are no music shops for MILES so i don't have the option of going and trying any out. My price range is $1000-1500. I am looking at a dual rect, and a 6505 but i don't really know what i am getting into. Any ideas??? Thanks!!!
personally I would save a couple bucks and buy a 2X12, thats all you really ever need... unless your touring stadiums...
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Peavey 3120 / XXX?
Krank Rev Jr Pro 20/50 <- This one is a metal machine

What kinda metal do you play?

Also.. what other gears do you have?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Heylo12
personally I would save a couple bucks and buy a 2X12, thats all you really ever need... unless your touring stadiums...

Different numbers of speakers offer different tonal properties. A 4x12 sounds much different than a 2x12. If the TS likes the tone of a 4x12 then that's his decision to make.

Quote by demondown666
get a tube amp. they sound great.

Pointless post is pointless...

Quote by ragingkitty
Peavey 3120 / XXX?

+1

Metal is a very broad genre, filled with many different tones. Until you specify a certain tone that you're after we really can't help you out much.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Different numbers of speakers offer different tonal properties. A 4x12 sounds much different than a 2x12. If the TS likes the tone of a 4x12 then that's his decision to make.

Pointless post is pointless...

+1

Metal is a very broad genre, filled with many different tones. Until you specify a certain tone that you're after we really can't help you out much.

+1

Also, what kind of metal do you play and how important are cleans to you?

Have you checked your craigslist as well for things that might appeal to you?
Quote by ragingkitty
Peavey 3120 / XXX?

I play mostly groove metal, Lamb of god, pantera, I'm a wicked gainiack though i can't get enough. I have My madison, A randall RH150g3 my randall cab loaded with 2 man o wars and 2 cannabis rex(awesome combo) in an X pattern, my guitars i have a fernandes dragonfly pro, a dean razorback, a dean stealth, and a jackson demmeliton v. Thanks all for the feed back!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1

Also, what kind of metal do you play and how important are cleans to you?

Have you checked your craigslist as well for things that might appeal to you?

Cleans dont mean anything lol. i sound like a noob but i just dont use the clean channel for much and if i really need to i have other amps I play mostly groove metal, Lamb of god, pantera, I'm a wicked gainiack though i can't get enough. I have My madison, A randall RH150g3 my randall cab loaded with 2 man o wars and 2 cannabis rex(awesome combo) in an X pattern, my guitars i have a fernandes dragonfly pro, a dean razorback, a dean stealth, and a jackson demmeliton v. Thanks all for the feed back!
Quote by Grenade979
Cleans dont mean anything lol. i sound like a noob but i just dont use the clean channel for much and if i really need to i have other amps I play mostly groove metal, Lamb of god, pantera, I'm a wicked gainiack though i can't get enough. I have My madison, A randall RH150g3 my randall cab loaded with 2 man o wars and 2 cannabis rex(awesome combo) in an X pattern, my guitars i have a fernandes dragonfly pro, a dean razorback, a dean stealth, and a jackson demmeliton v. Thanks all for the feed back!

I'd recommend:
Mesa Dual / Triple Rectifier
Mesa Mk IV / V
Krank Rev+ / Rev Jr Pro 50
Krank Krankenstein / Krankenstein Jr
Peavey 3120 / XXX
Peavey 5150 / 6505

If you get the Mesa Marks, you might want to look into upgrading the guitar pups as well.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Oct 19, 2009,