I need your help UG! I just found a fender stratocaster on craislist in my area for a great price. I wanted your opinion if anything looks odd or suspicious in these photos.

I have already emailed him asking for the serial number to check if its legit? Does everything look as it should be on an MiM strat? Thanks for your help guys.
thats an off brand starcaster, do not pay more than 20 bucks for that Costco ripoff
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
read more carefully on the headstock. I believe it says STARCASTER. Which is like worse than a squire in my opinion. It's basically the Wal-Mart or Target brand of Fender. Check for that stuff. Internet buying is very tricky
Hahahahahahahahaha
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
It doesn't say Fender on there. The headstock is a LOT different.

edit: hahahha just went back to reread the thread and realized you wrote Starcaster. That's pretty funny...
There be no shelter here.
Last edited by courtkid1012 at Oct 19, 2009,
Starcasters!! I played on one in a pawn shop. It was the worst guitar ive ever played on.
It says Starcaster, lol.
Quote by Dog
You must be able to tremolo pick like a mad man.

Quote by RinestoneCowboy
How the **** do you jerk off?

Oh yeah: I'm a French-Canadian so excuse my English .
it's a starcaster, it says fender on the headstock, it's just out of focus but you can still make it out. bad guitars tho...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Just out of curiosity, how much was he selling it for?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
I didn't see that it was a "starcaster" I guess I just filled in the words in my head. It was advertised as a "stratocaster". What a shame. He was trying to get 90 which obviously made me think it wasnt a strat.
They're not bad guitars; about on the level of Affinity squiers. Probably be a good project guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^No, they're worse than Affinity Squiers. Much, much worse.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Haha, If he's trying to pass that off as a strat, I want that guys email. I wouldnt even use that for firewood..No, maybe I would.
Quote by Natrone
^No, they're worse than Affinity Squiers. Much, much worse.

Okay, maybe Bullets.
Still, they're not bad considering they're costco guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i wouldnt give the seller too much shit he prolly just doesnt know a thing about guitars, there are probably about 10 listings a day on my local craigslist with the title "fender strat for sale" or "really nice fender guitar" and when i open it the 2nd or 3rd pic shows a closeup on a squire headstock. they prolly figure its made by fender so its a fender and that guy prolly figured its shaped like a strat and has "caster" in the name so it must be a stratocaster. ignorance is a bitch
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn
My first guitar was a Starcaster by Fender. It beat the hell out of my friend's Squier Strat.

But yeah, it's not a MIM Strat.