I've been looking for a new tube amp. While looking at reviews online, I've read multiple stories of people snagging $600+ amps for $250 in great condition.

Anyone have a story like this? even craigslist, or ebay.

I'm def. going to go pawn shop hopping sometime this week.
Got a Charvel 750XL for $100. I believe they go for around $1000+ on ebay in Mint condition. It had a couple of minor scratches but it was very nice. Turned around andsold it for $500.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
good idea, i used to live by a pawn shop that had a tiny terror in it for around 400$
And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while

I'll try to find you

Left of the dial
You can get a Peavey XXX, Classic series, Ultra or VTM from eBay for $400 or less any day of the week.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
There is a used mint condition Classic 30 at my local pawn shop for $275. If I didn't already have one, I would buy it.
Found a steal on craigslist a few months back.

Line 6 - HD147: retail $1250
FBV Shortboard: retail $200

Got them both for $350
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
I traded multiple guitars and doubled my guitar's resale value by doing so.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I bought a 5150 head for 280 out the door. I snaged a 1980's Ibanez DD10 Delay II for 30 bucks, and a Zildgian A Custom Crash for 50 bucks.

You have to be in a Pawn that dosent deal in Music Gear often to get a good deal most of the time, and get lucky, haggle, and know what "Hagglin" really is.

My suggestion is get out there once a week. Walk around, and dont ever, ever, ever offer sticker. But be reasonable. Now I pulled a steal with my amp, but that was a special circumstance. You may find that circumstance yourself, if you wait for it.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
pawn shops aren't so great these days. the sad reality is that they know more; they all have ebay, so they just find out how much things go for on there then add a little extra.

if you want to get deals, you basically need to buy from the ignorant. this works in a few ways.

sometimes, pawn shops are stupid. you might get lucky.

sometimes, craigslist posting are stupid. they might undercharge, or they might have very vague, unclear listings. follow those unclear listings up, and you might get lucky.

sometimes, on ebay, people list items terribly. for example, someone will list 'guitar pedals' and the listing will contain a few guitar pedals. inevitably though, few people find it, because if you want those pedals, you tend to search for them specifically. as a result, you can get much lower prices.

of course, the common factor in all of these things is that you have to be open to picking up what is cheap, not just what you're looking for.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Back in the day I picked up a MIM strat for 100 and some change in mint condition.
Craigslist has been the source of almost every insane guitar deal i've ever gotten. When the Schecter C1 Elite first came out, GC had em priced at $600 without a case. I got a brand new one with a hardshell on craigslist for $220. I later got a Jackson USA Dinky (Shattered Glass finish), near mint with a hardshell for $400 (sells for about $1400 used). And countless other deals along the way. It's always worth it to take 10 minutes to scan your local craigslist daily. You never know what'll pop up.
Epiphone elite for 250$
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55