whats up guys im learning a beginner wanna be guitar player and im having problems i havent taken lessons so im wondering what r some inexpensive ways 2 learn guitar help is needed plz
you cant play guitar guitar for any other reason than WANTING to learn. practice is learning. if you plan on starting to play because you just wanna be good, then i suggest another hobby. its only worth it if you enjoy learning and practicing.

but ill suggest learn songs. exactly right. learn them dont just learn the main riff half ass and say uou got it. learn songs till you cant tell wwho wrote it, you or them.
Practice scales, chords, try to play by ear tabs help but trying by ear seems to help the learning process a bit more, Dont get stuck into one kind of music, Listen to blues, Jazz, Classical exc.,exc.
Quote by theguitarplayin
you cant play guitar guitar for any other reason than WANTING to learn. practice is learning. if you plan on starting to play because you just wanna be good, then i suggest another hobby. its only worth it if you enjoy learning and practicing.

but ill suggest learn songs. exactly right. learn them dont just learn the main riff half ass and say uou got it. learn songs till you cant tell wwho wrote it, you or them.

This. +1
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
practice and when ur done practice some more.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Quote by Opethfan1
practice and when ur done practice some more.

You'll know you're done when there's no more flesh to peel off... Only BONE.
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
metrenome.
practice.
learn easy songs first.
lots of practice.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Dylanj.Bailey
well what kind of stuff should i b practicing and what songs r good beginner songs 2 play?

It doesn't work that way. Always try to raise the difficulty more and more. You'll notice that songs become easier... For example,my first song was Duality by Slipknot which ain't THAT hard but features a lot of tremolo picking (fast picking) + agility in the fingers... I mean I tried learning it my second week of playing (Despite I was in Drop D ) And now 8 months later I'm learning Machine Head's Halo (It's destroying me from inside)
Tl;dr: study songs which are HARD. And which you like. Don't ask people which songs to learn. Say you like Machine Head's earlier age,study Davidian as your first song,stuff like that. And always expand your technique knowledge(tremolo picking,hammer-ons,pull-offs,vibrato,the harmonics etc). And warm-up before songs! You'll love this advice
Please at least attempt to type like an intelligent person.

Scales and chords are a good way to start, as is working out the chords and lines to songs you like.
Quote by theguitarplayin

Something about this advice made me think just 'wow' It is so right on, the second paragraph especially
easiest way...guitar hero, hands down!
Dig?
On the real side of thing practce with a metronome, learn to sight read, and get a book called guitar aerobics by troy nelson
Quote by NemX162
Practice and Read.

+Internet + Jamming with friends.

Pick up Fretboard Logic and some Tab books of artists you like.

OR convince your parents to spring for lessons in combination with all of these things.
pandora.com for kick ass free radio.
Start at the beginning, be patient and don't try to get too far ahead of yourself. Slow and steady wins the race everytime with guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hey Dylanj if you haven't taken any guitar lesson then in my opinion you should first start with basic chords and riffs and yes the most important thing you have to do is practice for shifting between the chords... in my opinion you tube videos can help you.

Good Luck Dylanj.
dream and practice.......and play along to yr fave music. will be hard at first , but u will get there.......i remember the first few times i played to a cd......i nearly chucked the guitar away and cried....chords were being changed fast,etc,etc.....but u will get there.
WHERE THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY!